Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Due In Oct (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=145)
-   -   New chat thread--come in, come in! (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1426481)

dannic 07-31-2012 08:08 PM

New chat thread--come in, come in!

Hello, mamas! How is everything going?
I don't know why, but the last few weeks have gone sooo slowly...and I am not used to that; I have four kids, we have food intolerances, so I cook everything from scratch, and I homeschool. I should feel very busy and life should whiz by, right? My guess-date is Oct 5th and except for my last, I have had all within 3 days of their edd. (My last came exactly two weeks early and shocked us all!) I find myself hoping for an Oct baby yet not wanting to go that long, lol.
This pregnancy has by far been my easiest, and I am ready. I have nothing to do to get ready except wash baby clothes. (unless we win a bid on a new house--THEN I will be busy and hope for an Oct baby, lol.) So here I sit, twiddling my thumbs waiting for baby.:cry::giggle:
Let's see...what else? Baby is posterior. Anyone know any tricks for that? He seems pretty comfy where he is, resting on my left hip.:giggle:
Anyway, just wondering what everyone is up to; are you ready? Panicking because you aren't? Enquiring minds want to know.:giggle:

photocowgirl 07-31-2012 09:36 PM

Re: New chat thread--come in, come in!

Baby is sitting pretty cozy here... pretty easy pregnancy so far... have u/s next mo because babe was sitting so low they couldn't see the brain as clear as they would have liked, but dr. didn't seem too worried as they have waited several months to repeat... Had a lot of pelvic pressure in May, but after seeing u/s I understand why and babe mustn't be so low now as I'm feeling pretty good... We have some organizing to do as the nursery-to-be was a storage/craft/computer room, but much of that is done... I have some longies and crib sheets to finish, but otherwise just trying to survive 2 road trips and 2.5 months:)

My 1st was posterior... back labor was NO fun, but my dr. then was able to flip her before delivery - scared the **** out of me bc it made her heartbeat drop and the monitor started yowling, but dr. said that was normal.... wished they would have warned me first... My dr. now said she wouldn't even try... sorry I have no tips:(, but good luck on your house!!!

Sweetbabybows 08-01-2012 06:47 AM

Time seems to be going by super fast for me right now. Probably because I have a million things I want to get done before she comes. I have also been watching my friends baby during the day for the last 3 1/2 weeks so I haven't been able to accomplish anything :( probably a good look into my future lol!! Today life is back to normal though.

I'm sitting here starving right now but I can't eat anything. I have to go take the 3 hr glucose test in a couple of hours :yuck: I failed the 1 hr by just a few points again (did the same thing with DD2) I'm making DH suffer with my this morning though......I wouldn't let him make any coffee because I didn't want to sit in the house and smell it for 2 hours and not be able to drink any. Luckily he didn't complain too much.

Does anyone else have a lo getting ready to start school in a few weeks? DD1 might be starting preschool. We aren't really sure yet if she is or not. Alot of what I have to do is for her starting school so if she doesn't that will take a bit off my list but I think she really wants to go.

MomdeIsla 08-01-2012 07:10 AM

hI ladies....thought I'd contribute and not just lurk since the Oct board is a little slow.

Amanda- DS5 is starting Kindergarten, and my DD3 will go to preschool 3 days/ week. DS5 will be going to a private christian classical school (which is almost like a homeschool environment other than I'm not the teacher I think his class has 6 kids now last count). DD3 is going back to her preschool, and she really likes it, we thought about not putting her in this year, but she would really miss it if we didn't. So I've been trying to get them ready. Hopefully when we get in the swing of things, I will be able to do more to get ready for the baby. 3-4 hrs a day to myself should help me finish a lot of my baby to do list.

We are going swimming today since it's the only day not forecast for rain this week, and school starts Monday!

dannic 08-01-2012 10:34 AM

Photocowgirl--I have back labor regardless, so maybe it woln't matter that much? Though I still have plenty of time fore this little one to lay down...

Amanda--let us know how your test went! I haven't ever had to do that one, thankfully. IT sounds so stressful!

Michelle--the schools round here start monday, too--good luck getting everything together and everyone out the door! Take at least an hour to relax in a bath or something.:goodvibes:

photocowgirl 08-01-2012 01:23 PM

Wow, you are all starting school so early... dd won't start preschool until the last week of Aug...

Sweetbabybows 08-01-2012 11:26 PM

Well I went to the school today and they have a waiting list.....apparently enrollment was back in March. I always thought enrollment was a few weeks before school started! So looks like she won't be going to preschool. DH is upset but I'm not really......he isn't the one who would have to sit in line for an hour to drop off/pick up with a one year old and a newborn who would probably both be crying the whole time!! I just wish I had waited to buy all the supplies.
So now I'm considering putting her in a mothers day out two days a week but it's $120 a month. Or I'm going to schedule something fun for us to do everyday where there will be other kids. The main reason we wanted to do preschool was to get her around other kids since it's mostly just us right now. I've already started a pretty good list of free/cheap things we can do.

Dannic - The Glucose test was awful!! You can't eat anything for 12 hrs before then drink a ton of sugar (twice as much as the 1 hr test) and have to sit there for 3 hrs. You get stuck 4 times and to top it off I had to listen to all the workers give their lunch order then the girl came back with food from my favorite place :( Oh and then pay them $300 for doing it lol. One good thing thought.....I was able to finish a hat to match one of the sleep sacks I made for the baby.

When is everyone's next appt? I have one tomorrow and I'm a little bit nervous. At my last app I had gained 9 lbs and went from measuring right on time to three weeks ahead. I know I've only gained about 4 lbs since then but I'm curious about how I'm measuring.

Gardyloo 08-02-2012 12:56 AM

I have an appt tomorrow. I was also measuring ahead and weighing slightly more than I should. I'm hoping I'm back on track this time. I'm just doing my 1 hr glucose screen tomorrow, but I'm super nervous because I got a false positive with both my previous pregnancies (passed the 3 hr both times). I really want to avoid the 3 hr this time around. Any tips on what to eat for breakfast before my appt?

RE: Preschool - we do cooperative preschool, and LOVE it. Though the schedule will be a little crazy this year. 2 yr old dd will go 2 mornings per week, and 4 yr old ds will go 4 afternoons. I have to volunteer once a week in each of their classrooms. MIL has offered to come and help with the kids on the days I have to work (you aren't allowed to bring sibs). They don't start school until September 19th, I believe, so we still have a lot of summer left.

MomdeIsla 08-02-2012 06:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by photocowgirl (Post 15485193)
Wow, you are all starting school so early... dd won't start preschool until the last week of Aug...

I think that every year....and when I went to school we didn't start until labor day, but it's nice for traveling....getting out in mid May for family vacations before the rates go up is awesome. Some schools do it in case they have severe weather days to make up....but unless we have a tornado, it's unlikely we will need to do any.

DS school is so laid back their schedule is only 8-2 4 days a week and 8-12 on fridays.....gotta love classical private school :giggle2: he will actually get out earlier than DD on fridays :headscratch:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweetbabybows (Post 15487836)
Well I went to the school today and they have a waiting list.....apparently enrollment was back in March. I always thought enrollment was a few weeks before school started! So looks like she won't be going to preschool. DH is upset but I'm not really......he isn't the one who would have to sit in line for an hour to drop off/pick up with a one year old and a newborn who would probably both be crying the whole time!! I just wish I had waited to buy all the supplies.
So now I'm considering putting her in a mothers day out two days a week but it's $120 a month. Or I'm going to schedule something fun for us to do everyday where there will be other kids. The main reason we wanted to do preschool was to get her around other kids since it's mostly just us right now. I've already started a pretty good list of free/cheap things we can do.

Dannic - The Glucose test was awful!! You can't eat anything for 12 hrs before then drink a ton of sugar (twice as much as the 1 hr test) and have to sit there for 3 hrs. You get stuck 4 times and to top it off I had to listen to all the workers give their lunch order then the girl came back with food from my favorite place :( Oh and then pay them $300 for doing it lol. One good thing thought.....I was able to finish a hat to match one of the sleep sacks I made for the baby.

When is everyone's next appt? I have one tomorrow and I'm a little bit nervous. At my last app I had gained 9 lbs and went from measuring right on time to three weeks ahead. I know I've only gained about 4 lbs since then but I'm curious about how I'm measuring.

Both of mine went to MDO at first (when DH was the SAH parent he sent them ASAP :blush:) they liked it.

My next apt is in 2 weeks.....I gained 8 pounds in 4 weeks at my apt this past monday :blush:

Quote:

Originally Posted by marleysmom1207 (Post 15487934)
I have an appt tomorrow. I was also measuring ahead and weighing slightly more than I should. I'm hoping I'm back on track this time. I'm just doing my 1 hr glucose screen tomorrow, but I'm super nervous because I got a false positive with both my previous pregnancies (passed the 3 hr both times). I really want to avoid the 3 hr this time around. Any tips on what to eat for breakfast before my appt?

RE: Preschool - we do cooperative preschool, and LOVE it. Though the schedule will be a little crazy this year. 2 yr old dd will go 2 mornings per week, and 4 yr old ds will go 4 afternoons. I have to volunteer once a week in each of their classrooms. MIL has offered to come and help with the kids on the days I have to work (you aren't allowed to bring sibs). They don't start school until September 19th, I believe, so we still have a lot of summer left.

I managed to pass the 1 hr this time, but I fasted and had an early am apt (brought a protein bar in my purse to eat right after the blood draw) Since I failed my other two and had to do a 3 hr....I was willing to try it to avoid another 3 hr. If you eat something no carb/ high protein for breakfast if you can't wait...like scrambled eggs and water...you may have good luck not having to repeat it.

photocowgirl 08-02-2012 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweetbabybows (Post 15487836)

That stinks about preschool... We moved to a new town and I am always missing important deadlines bc I just don't know about things... you'd think they would be lenient with young children and first time parents... I am a WAHM altho doing more sitting than working right now, but try to find ways to get the girl socializing... I take the girls to the story time at our library... they get to learn and interact with other toddlers/preschoolers and I can sit and read a magazine for an hr:) Our county also does early headstart home visits... DD really enjoyed that - free private preschool lessons for a couple of hrs once a week and you don't even have to leave your house... they also had socials once a week for the kids to get together and play... Parents As Teachers is similar with home visits and playgroups...