Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Due In Jan (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=150)
-   -   Anterior Placenta? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1426563)

pridykidz 08-01-2012 01:43 AM

Anterior Placenta?

So in all my pregnancies, I have always had posterior placenta's. With each one I can feel the baby move earlier and earlier. Except this time. Yes, I know I'm only....what.....15 or 16 weeks....not exactly sure, but I keep expecting to feel something.
When I had my last ultrasound to discover we YES had a baby growing :), the tech told me I had an anterior placenta. I've heard this effects being able to feel baby move.
Does anyone have experience with this AND with having multiple pregnancies to compare to?

nicolemariep 08-01-2012 01:54 AM

Re: Anterior Placenta?

I had a "normal" (posterior) placenta with DS1. I felt movement around 20-21 weeks. I honestly probably felt it before then, but you know how it is with the first pregnancy, you're not really sure what's actually the baby at 1st.

With DS2 I had an anterior placenta. I didn't feel him move until 24 weeks. It was super lame. DH couldn't feel him kick for a few weeks after that. I had more cervical discomfort with that pregnancy from him jamming his feet down there (not fun), and I also felt a lot more pressure towards my back, if that makes any sense. The only upside was not having the baby movements keep me up at night because all throughout the pregnancy they were very muffled and subdued.

This bean hasn't had an ultrasound since 10 weeks, so I technically don't know where the placenta is. However, I started feeling intermittent movement just before 16 weeks, so I am confident that this placenta isn't anterior.

So yes. It absolutely effects feeling the baby move. And in my experience it sucked a little (especially earlier on when you want to feel that bean move). However, on the bright side, you'll probably be getting much better sleep during the last trimester than those of us without anterior placentas.

darcyray 08-01-2012 05:35 AM

This is baby #3 for me, and I feel EVERYTHING!!!!! I have not had this with my other 2. I am 30wks now. I feel movement in places I have NEVER felt before.

clatchford2011 08-01-2012 06:09 AM

-DDC-

I don't know how it happens but I have had an anterior placenta in each of my pregnancies. I don't know why. I am thinking it is basically where the egg lands to implant. I am a belly sleeper so it makes sense. But no worries :) I felt movements on my sides before the front and more movement around 21 weeks. The further you go the placenta will probably go up. Nothing to worry about but the baby will have great cushion and it may be a tad harder to find the HB early on.

american_mommy 08-01-2012 12:06 PM

I had a placenta that covered my cervix with one of mine, it did move. I can't remember what that was called.
Honestly I have never had really early movements and this is baby #6 for me.
I have felt it move a little here and there(15 wks) but not a lot. I really think for me it was more like 16-18 wks. and with #1 even later cause I didn't realize it. But i am also a littl eheavy so I figure there is extra fat in there blocking my feeling it!

cristy_1996 08-01-2012 03:43 PM

I have no idea but wanted to offer support! lol

I don't know where my plancenta is now or never have! Hmm..weird!

pridykidz 08-02-2012 02:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nicolemariep (Post 15483032)
I had a "normal" (posterior) placenta with DS1. I felt movement around 20-21 weeks. I honestly probably felt it before then, but you know how it is with the first pregnancy, you're not really sure what's actually the baby at 1st.

With DS2 I had an anterior placenta. I didn't feel him move until 24 weeks. It was super lame. DH couldn't feel him kick for a few weeks after that. I had more cervical discomfort with that pregnancy from him jamming his feet down there (not fun), and I also felt a lot more pressure towards my back, if that makes any sense. The only upside was not having the baby movements keep me up at night because all throughout the pregnancy they were very muffled and subdued.

This bean hasn't had an ultrasound since 10 weeks, so I technically don't know where the placenta is. However, I started feeling intermittent movement just before 16 weeks, so I am confident that this placenta isn't anterior.

So yes. It absolutely effects feeling the baby move. And in my experience it sucked a little (especially earlier on when you want to feel that bean move). However, on the bright side, you'll probably be getting much better sleep during the last trimester than those of us without anterior placentas.

Huh, this is interesting. Thanks for the info. Good to know about later in the pg too! But what about back labor then? any difference with that?

pridykidz 08-02-2012 02:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darcyray (Post 15483175)
This is baby #3 for me, and I feel EVERYTHING!!!!! I have not had this with my other 2. I am 30wks now. I feel movement in places I have NEVER felt before.

So do you know if your placenta is in a different place then the other times?

Quote:

Originally Posted by clatchford2011 (Post 15483253)
-DDC-

I don't know how it happens but I have had an anterior placenta in each of my pregnancies. I don't know why. I am thinking it is basically where the egg lands to implant. I am a belly sleeper so it makes sense. But no worries :) I felt movements on my sides before the front and more movement around 21 weeks. The further you go the placenta will probably go up. Nothing to worry about but the baby will have great cushion and it may be a tad harder to find the HB early on.

Sides....sure this makes sense :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by american_mommy (Post 15484732)
I had a placenta that covered my cervix with one of mine, it did move. I can't remember what that was called.
Honestly I have never had really early movements and this is baby #6 for me.
I have felt it move a little here and there(15 wks) but not a lot. I really think for me it was more like 16-18 wks. and with #1 even later cause I didn't realize it. But i am also a littl eheavy so I figure there is extra fat in there blocking my feeling it!

Maybe I'm just being REALLY impatient :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by cristy_1996 (Post 15485844)
I have no idea but wanted to offer support! lol

I don't know where my plancenta is now or never have! Hmm..weird!

Not sure why, but this made me giggle :) Thanks for the support too :thumbsup:

ksburgess 08-02-2012 03:21 PM

I had an anterior placenta in my last pregnancy (baby #5) and I *did* have a much harder time feeling her. I felt her plenty once she was bigger, but it never seemed like as much as with the first four. I'm feeling movement already this time around and I hope that means no anterior placenta this time. I like feeling that movement!

I worried some with the lesser movement last time but my midwife continually reassured me that baby was just fine... and she was, a healthy 8lbs, 12oz of beautiful baby girl :)

pridykidz 08-07-2012 02:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ksburgess (Post 15490895)
I had an anterior placenta in my last pregnancy (baby #5) and I *did* have a much harder time feeling her. I felt her plenty once she was bigger, but it never seemed like as much as with the first four. I'm feeling movement already this time around and I hope that means no anterior placenta this time. I like feeling that movement!

I worried some with the lesser movement last time but my midwife continually reassured me that baby was just fine... and she was, a healthy 8lbs, 12oz of beautiful baby girl :)

thank you
glad to hear this :)