Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Anyone measure ahead (fundus) and still have a small baby?? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1427023)

Vegan Princess 08-01-2012 10:31 PM

Anyone measure ahead (fundus) and still have a small baby??

At my last midwife appointment, at 28.5 weeks, I measured 31cm. This week, at 30.5 weeks, I measured 32 cm. This baby has always measured a few days ahead on ultrasound, from the very beginning.

My last daughter was born at 38 weeks and was only 5lbs 12 oz. DH and I were both in the 6lb range and born right about on our due dates. All of our siblings were under 7 lbs. So I'm guessing DD would have been in the 6 range if she came around her due date too. I have my chart from that preg and I almost always measured right on track and a couple times a week behind.

My midwife said that by feeling baby, she doubts this baby is going to be huge.

I'm guessing the measuring ahead is from being a 2nd time mom. But I'm also wondering if I'm going to have a bigger baby this time? I definitely wouldn't mind if she is at least a lb or 2 bigger! What were your experiences if you measured bigger? Avg baby, small baby or big baby?

Thanks!

Cindy

aubreyaks 08-01-2012 10:33 PM

Re: Anyone measure ahead (fundus) and still have a small baby??

Ds measured 41 cm at 36 weeks. He was born a week later and was 7lbs, hardly a big baby.

qsefthuko 08-02-2012 12:00 AM

I measured a whopping 47 or 48 cm at I think it was 32 weeks. It turned out to be excess amniotic fluid. Baby was delivered at 37 weeks via c-section. He weighed in at
7lbs 7oz. He was my smallest baby.

raisingcropsandbabies 08-02-2012 01:15 AM

Measured 4 wks ahead and ds was 9lbs.8
Measured 5 weeks ahead and ds was 10lbs3oz
Measured 9 weeks ahead and ds was 12lbs.2oz
Measured 2-3 weeks ahead and dd was 8.8

mrsgrantis 08-02-2012 02:02 AM

no to the small babies - but with my first i measure right on our under and she was BIG - with my second i always measured a couple weeks ahead and this time around so far i am sig. ahead like 3-4 weeks at this point

nonipie 08-02-2012 08:52 AM

Yes with my first. I consistently measured a couple weeks ahead but he was born at 38 weeks weighing 6 lbs 8oz.

Nerissa 08-02-2012 01:22 PM

i have always measured right on and DS1 was 6lb 3 oz at 36weeks, DS2 was 8lb 5oz at 37 weeks. No GD with either

crunchymom2b 08-02-2012 07:15 PM

I'm interested to see how this turns out! DS was 6lbs14.5oz at 39 and 4 and I think I measure don track most of the time (though one midwife claimed he would be "at least" 7.5 to 8lbs, heh).

For measurements so far (I'm 34 and 4) they've been up to 2cm ahead, so normal. But the past week I've just exploded and my stomach is huge-I'm scared to see what I'll measure next week! And at a 28week ultrasoundbaby was supposedly 3lbs and in the 75th %-tile (but we all know how accurate u/s weights are). I've made so many teeny tiny diapers, they better at least fit a couple weeks! lol

qsefthuko 08-02-2012 07:22 PM

My 32 week sudden jump ahead in measurements turned out to be a lot of amniotic fluid. I remained measuring about the same for the rest of my pregnancy.

Vegan Princess 08-02-2012 11:57 PM

Very interesting! Thanks for the replies!

Haha yeah, I'm banking on another little one and have lots of teeny tiny newborn dipes that I'll be so sad to not get to use for very long!

Cindy