Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Breastfeeding Support (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Stressing out! (supply issues) (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1427309)

b bright 08-02-2012 03:46 PM

Stressing out! (supply issues)

I'm just stressed I won't be able to breastfeed. This is my 4th kid and I did perfectly fine with the first 3 but it just feels like something is wrong/different about this time. I'm only 2.5 days pp so I know my milk hasn't came in yet but I keep freaking out its not going to. I pumped and got a measly 6 ml of colostrum total! I know a baby is a better "pump" anyways and can get more, but really....only 6 ml on day 2-3?? Why so little? (I was advised to pump by an LC I saw this morning about baby not being satisfied after coming off a boob.) why did I have oversupply issues with my others but can barely get anything with this one? I'm so sad. :/

stevensmom 08-02-2012 03:49 PM

:hugs: just breathe. Everything will be fine. Drink a bunch of water. Don't stress because baby can sense it.

Your milk will come in and I bet you'll be back on here talking about your over supply.

You're doing great! :thumbsup:

**I do know how to spell...my iPod on the other hand does not**

stevensmom 08-02-2012 03:50 PM

dp

stevensmom 08-02-2012 03:50 PM

tp

kushie tushie 08-02-2012 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevensmom
:hugs: just breathe. Everything will be fine. Drink a bunch of water. Don't stress because baby can sense it.

Your milk will come in and I bet you'll be back on here talking about your over supply.

You're doing great! :thumbsup:

**I do know how to spell...my iPod on the other hand does not**

This, give its a few more days. It'll all kick into gear.

Amanda :). Blaming my phone for typos and crap.

abunchoflemons 08-02-2012 06:51 PM

Re: Stressing out! (supply issues)

Give it a few days. I know I was worried cuzmy oldest didn't bf well. I really wanted to & after milk came in baby was fine (also knew what she was doing helped). Try heat & massaging while baby eats. Stress isn't good 4 !nilk

Computermama 08-02-2012 09:54 PM

On day 3 I was panicking because I could only pump out a few drops of colostrum and DD2 was refusing the boob outright. I kept offering, and by day 5 when my milk came in, she was back on the boob and I could pump 6 ounces out AFTER she nursed herself to sleep on each side. It was ridiculous. It's too early to say what'll happen, relax, drink lots of water and enjoy your newbie.

Sent from my iPod touch using DS Forum

vmomma 08-02-2012 11:37 PM

Re: Stressing out! (supply issues)

It's totally normal for a BF baby to get frustrated right before your milk comes in. They nurse almost constantly, and this helps a nice supply come in. You will be fine. I'm very surprised that you were told to pump. My May baby was frantic for about 24 hours and I felt like my milk would never come in. I was told she was acting as she should and my milk would come in just fine.

Good luck, mama!

silverstar91579 08-03-2012 08:10 PM

I completely understand my lo is 7 days today he is my fifth child I never had problems with any of my previous children but I am just about to give up with this one

Connor 08-03-2012 08:56 PM

I'm sure everything is fine. Just keeping nursing frequently, I'm sure you'll be drowning soon. :)