Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Green Families (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=100)
-   -   Facial moisturizer. (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1427499)

Dani_Phen 08-03-2012 04:53 AM

Facial moisturizer.

SO, I am on a journey to make everything in our house more earth friendly. I've gone to almost no paper products...(DH won't switch to cloth tp/wipes). I ordered some "natural" makeup today to try out (I only wear a touch of foundation and mascara). I have earth friendly soap, shampoo, cleaning products...The only thing I haven't found is lotion and facial moisturizer that I like. I have an acne prone face but I want one that can be used from head to toe! What do you all use?

Mom2jandb 08-03-2012 07:22 AM

Have you tried coconut oil?

Dani_Phen 08-03-2012 07:37 AM

Re: Facial moisturizer.

Nope...is it ok to use on acne prone skin?

carriek38 08-03-2012 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dani_Phen
Nope...is it ok to use on acne prone skin?

Jojoba oil is one that's frequently recommended for acne-prone skin.

GEM Cloth 08-03-2012 08:16 AM

I use coconut oil, it is very light and absorbs quickly and has a lot of antimicrobal, etc. properties and is good for problem skin.

CMamma 08-03-2012 05:38 PM

I highly suggest ECVO (cocunut oil). I use this for as my face cream here. And if anything, it's GREAT for acne prone skin (& so is using honey to wash your face - it will get rid of acne). Coconut oil has natural antibacterial properties & will actually help kill anything causing acne, facial problems, etc. I have terrible rosacea & it goes away with EVCO better than any prescription I've tried in the past. It also keeps my skin clear, not to mention being great as a hair conditioner, and rubbed into the scalp will get rid of dandruff. It's great for the entire body & even safe to use as a medicine for everything from your eyes to your feet. Get a sty, it's safe to put EVCO in it & it will help it out. Use it on your feet with garlic as a way to help release toxins from your body. You can put it in your ears with a q-tip to help an ear infection & in your nose for sinus issues... I could go on forever! Oh & it's great for helping with digestion too - a spoonful with meals is beneficial (& it will kill of yeast as well - good for thrush, female yeast issues & even to help kill candida albicans... and it's perfect to use for oil pulling). LOL Ok I'm done now :) GL!!

elizabeth.scalf 08-03-2012 09:34 PM

With my pregnancy hormones I started breaking out a little in the last few months (and possible because I pretty much stopped washing my face). I had been using strictly Coconut oil. I added in a little Grandpa's pine tar soap a few times a week then follow with coconut oil, and that's cleared up everything. My face hasn't been this smooth since I was 10. I was never too prone to pimples or zits but got blackheads all over, and since using the Grandpa's and the coconut, they've disappeared and haven't come back.

lynn97 08-03-2012 10:54 PM

What kind/brand of coconut oil do you ladies use on your faces?

Mom2jandb 08-04-2012 06:19 AM

Nutiva organic extra virgin

Dani_Phen 08-04-2012 06:38 AM

Awesome! Thanks, ladies. I'll check into getting some! :)