Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Due In Dec (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=147)
-   -   newborn baby medical needs (what to get) (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1427538)

angel nee nee 08-03-2012 09:09 AM

newborn baby medical needs (what to get)

I'm making a list of things I have to get for the new baby.

As far as medical thigs go, since baby can't take tylenol for a while, just the thermometer? Am I forgettig something....??

moonsandmarshmellows 08-03-2012 10:07 AM

Re: newborn baby medical needs (what to get)

Gas drops
Rubbing alcohol
Nail clippers
Bulb thingy to suction the nose

That's all I can think of right now!

clatchford2011 08-04-2012 08:58 AM

Gripe water is a must! Love that stuff! oh and the boogie sucker thing.

Kap7270 08-04-2012 10:01 PM

I really liked the saline nasal spray when DS got stuffed up. Makes the bulb thing work better, and sometimes works well just itself (would spray it right before he nursed).

Mom2jandb 08-04-2012 10:19 PM

I suggest a hospital-grade nasal aspirator, like Davol. The one you get at the store sucks beyond belief. Or rather, doesn't suck... Or you could try nose freida.

Go ahead and buy the tylenol and ibuprofen so you have it when you need it.

Kap7270 08-04-2012 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mom2jandb (Post 15501322)
Go ahead and buy the tylenol and ibuprofen so you have it when you need it.

definitely! We needed it after the 2 month vaccinations when DS was howling and miserable. Had to call DH and tell him to come home from work and stop at the drug store. There was no way I could have gone at that point, and we really needed it!

BigSamsMom 08-07-2012 09:26 PM

Tylenol, Mylicon, Gripe Water, Baby Vicks, Aspirator, Thermometer, Pacifier medicine dispenser, nail clippers, Vaseline, saline nasal spray, and a humidifier.

an_aurora 08-07-2012 09:30 PM

Don't use a bulb syringe in the nose. Saline or breastmilk in the nose will clear up any congestion.

charirosey 08-10-2012 04:35 AM

The best nasal syringe is the American red cross one. I get mine at babiesrus. It has much better sucking power plus it has a plug in the end that makes it great for washing out and drying. Other ones are worthless and you can't clean them.

Done at 3 08-10-2012 06:18 AM

If you can get over the "I'm sucking buggers out with my mouth" ick factor the nose frida style nasal syringes, they are far more effective than any nasal bulb! They really do work incredibly well and there is zero chance of ingesting baby buggies, it just looks strange ;)