Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Healthy Living and Weightloss (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   The Big Mamas August Thread (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1427659)

slimy72 08-03-2012 12:39 PM

The Big Mamas August Thread

Here goes the monthly thread for The Big Mamas...

This thread is for the mamas who have a long road ahead of them... Naomi started this thread because she felt that the Big Mamas face different struggles when working on weight loss. We don't just need to lose a few pounds to feel happy, we need to drop large portions of weight to be healthy and active!

Feel free to join me and the other ladies anytime!

If you feel comfortable give:

Your name
Starting Weight
Current Weight
Short-Term Goal (ie. "X" by valentines/March)
Long-Term Goal
Weight Lost to Date
Weight Loss Plan

I know it is a little intimidating to give your weight, but I really feel it is important to "say it out loud", so if you can, say that number for the last time and watch it shrink!

This thread is for the Big Mamas...women who are about 70lbs or more over their healthy weight (or were at the beginning of their journey). Join the ladies and I as we work our way to a healthier us!

slimy72 08-03-2012 12:39 PM

Re: The Big Mamas August Thread

I hope no one minds! It's the third and there still wasn't a new thread so I thought I'd start us out.

Your name Laurel
Starting Weight 184.5 (actually was over 195 at the Dr 1 month before my first official weigh in at home so I count weight lost from then but I started eating healthier before then)
Current Weight 158lbs
Short term goal- Get back on track! Both with excercise and tracking my food.
New Short term goal: In the healthy BMI range by Aug 24th(when school starts)- 155lbs. (this is starting to feel impossible though)
Fitness goal: Four workouts a week. Finally use my free gym membership.
Long-Term Goal 50-70 lbs. (I'd love to loose 70 lbs because my fame is tiny but I just am afraid to shoot for that much for fear I'll fail, and 50 less would put me at a perfectly healthy weight)
Weight Lost to Date: 27 lbs.
Weight Loss Plan Eat healthy and get my blood sugar under control, track with MFP and moderate exercise.

Didn't make all my goals from last month, so I guess they get to carry over and continue on this month. Still trying to eat healthier, which is hard when dh keeps asking for things I shouldn't have but are find for him to eat. As much as I love raw milk, I think for purely calories sake I may have to switch back to low fat because I love milk and hate only getting one serving a day because it's double the calories now. So lots to think about.

tallanvor 08-03-2012 03:05 PM

I'm Crystal, I weigh 225, want to lose a lot, don't really have any set goals aside from stick to something and actually lose the weight. Ummm, that's about it. Oh, and I started at about 230, so even though I've been a part of this thread for over a year, I have sadly only lost 5 lbs. But I've lost that same 5 lbs many times. I am terrible at sticking to exercise, and that's my big downfall. My diet is good, there really isn't anything to change there. My thyroid is low, but they won't do anything about it, and I'm sure that affects my weight (definitely was a factor in me putting on a bunch of this weight), but I don't know how much it affects my weightloss.

Okay, that's my info. Thanks, Laurel, for starting a new thread. I never seem to think about it, just keep adding onto the last one. Well, I worked out well the last couple of days, but have taken a bit of a break today. The next few days are going to be a bit busy, as the kids and I are heading out of town on Monday. I'm getting ready to go bake some cookies for DH and get a spot of cleaning done. Tonight I'll do some weights and tomorrow I'll do some more cardio. My calves are fairly sore today from the last couple of workouts.

AmberP 08-03-2012 04:12 PM

Your name: Amber
Starting Weight: 234
Current Weight: 210
Short-Term Goal: I want to weigh 200 or less by January 1st 2013
Long-Term Goal: Overall, I would like to be around 175 (or less) and lean
Weight Lost to Date: 24lb
Weight Loss Plan: The Primal Blueprint / Caveman Diet

I am getting back into my old eating habits again and I really need to stop. My goal for this month is to get back on track eating Primal and NOT eating Pad Thai, sneaking caramels and having three cups of coffee per day. I feel like crap. And I am NOT going to stress out about my weight, instead I am going to focus on eating healthfully and getting back in the groove with my body weight exercises (squats, pushups & planks).

slimy72 08-03-2012 11:04 PM

Well, no real exercise today, and this week is going to be tough. With dh's help we cleaned the whole house top to bottom today. It's so nice when the whole house is clean at the same time. And I love clean sheet day. So I cleaned all day long so I know I burned calories but it's still not a muscle building work out. And then tonight I sheared a sheep. Again pretty active but still not a strength and endurance building workout. But by the time I was done I was beat. Anyway next week is our county fair. We are so busy during fair. And I don't always eat the best. I try, I really do. I make and pack lunch stuff so I don't have to eat out. But it's still not always enough. We always have snacks and junk in the office, and the only thing to drink is pop, and then don't even get me started on kettle corn and cotton candy. I'm not looking forward to this week, I'll probably feel very sick by the end. I am going to try really hard to reign it in and keep it under control.

AcrossTheUniverse 08-03-2012 11:10 PM

Your name: Heather
Starting Weight: 291 (2/11/12)
Current Weight: 240 (8/1/12)
Short-Term Goal: 225 by 10/1/12
Long-Term Goal: 200 by 1/29/13 (My 27th birthday!)
Weight Lost to Date: 51lbs
Weight Loss Plan: Eating clean, counting calories, light exercise

AcrossTheUniverse 08-05-2012 04:01 PM

I'm at 235 today! 56lbs down! I wanted to share a progress pic with you ladies.

http://i473.photobucket.com/albums/r...rs/6months.png

greenmommyx2 08-05-2012 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AcrossTheUniverse

You look so great!! :D Wonderful job so far!!

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

tallanvor 08-05-2012 06:34 PM

Awesome, Heather!

The kids and I are heading to Michigan in the morning. We'll be on the road for two days, though we'll be at my in-laws' house by dinner time Tuesday. Snacks for the trip are rather carb intense, but there wasn't a real good way around that. Breakfasts should be okay and dinner, but lu ch will probably be fast food. Our hotel tomorrow night has a pool, though, so planning on getting a little bit of a workout done. I just hope the dog doesn't whine in the room while we're swimming. Hmmmm, maybe I'll leave her in the truck while we swim. Anyway, my in-laws have a terribly slow internet connection, so I might hot be checking in quite so often, but I'll be on at least once a week.

AmberP 08-06-2012 01:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AcrossTheUniverse (Post 15503850)

http://i473.photobucket.com/albums/r...rs/6months.png

:goodvibes: You are doing so awesome!