Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Moms of Many or Multiples (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=181)
-   -   YOUR SCHEDULE! HELP PLEASE! (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1427728)

hutch87 08-03-2012 04:40 PM

YOUR SCHEDULE! HELP PLEASE!

So i've got to get myself on a schedule to help throughout the day...and get things done, and keep the house clean..etc..what do you all do? do yu get up early> what is a typical day for you? i have 3 lil ones and one on the way (due in april)...ANY HELP would be greatly appreciated! thank you so much!!

P!nkPepper 08-04-2012 04:57 PM

:popcorn: I am super nosy.

Jodie ~ wife & mama

7 for now 08-04-2012 10:19 PM

We are pretty relaxed but on a schedule does that makes sense! I get up when the first little one does, usually between 7-8. I then feed and change the baby. We eat breakfast, do school, lunch, nap, play, dinner, play, bed. I try to keep it all within an hour each day but not exactly. I am always doing laundry throughout the day and we c usually power clean before dinner.

mamma mia 08-05-2012 09:02 PM

Re: YOUR SCHEDULE! HELP PLEASE!

i am pretty much in the same boat so I don't know if I could really offer anything in the way of advice, but I will share what we try to do as far as a very relaxed schedule.

I *try* to get up before the baby but she is a really early riser (I'm talking 5:30-6) so I don't do so good much of the time. We all get up and eat, watch PBS kids for a little bit, start school lessons around 8-9 and continue that until lunch, after lunch it's naps for the younger two and quiet time for the oldest, after they all wake up (around 2-ish) we do extra curricular subjects, run errands, "field-trips", play outside, etc. I often let the older two watch a movie or play PBS kids on the computer for around an hour or so while I start dinner (4:30-5-ish), dinner around 6, bedtime routine, and bedtime around 7-7:30. My kids wake up early so I put them to bed early (they wake up at the same time no matter what).

This gives me and hubby some alone hours together or time for me to craft, read, watch TV, get some extra house work done, etc.

It's not anything special, but it works for us and the couple hours in the middle of the day (naps/quiet time) and the early bedtimes definitely are life-savers for me and my sanity! ;)

I can't wait to read what more experienced moms do as far as routines here.

alyssa&rylan's-mommy 08-06-2012 11:40 AM

I have three kids (DD1- almost 5, DS- 3.5, DD2- 1, and DD3 due in September!) and we follow a general schedule, although it varies a bit depending on what shift DH is working (day or night).

7-7:30- Older kids wake up, breakfast.
8-8:30- Get dressed, brush teeth and hair, make beds.
8:30-9- Play quietly, I usually have my coffee now!
9ish- DD2 wakes up and eats.
9:30-10:30- Start school- phonics and math.
10:30- snack, then we finish Bible and unit lessons.
11:30- play outside (weather permitting), or play inside while Mommy makes lunch.
12:30- Lunch.
1-1:30- Chores.
1:30- Naptime for DS and DD2, quiet time for DD1, second cup of coffee for Mommy lol, then cleaning.
2:30- DD1 is usually done with nap time and talks to/plays/helps me while I clean.
3-3:30- DS and DD2 wake up, snack time.
4-5pm- Playtime, inside or out, just whatever they want to do while I make supper.
5-6- supper and clean up/chore time.
6-7- Mommy's alone time when Daddy is on day shift (because I have an awesome DH who occupies the kids for me!) I usually use this time to work on craft orders.
7-8pm- Family time. Games, movies, etc.
8pm- Bedtime starts, unless a movie runs late or something.
8:30pm- All of the kids are tucked in.
8:30-9pm- Whatever planning I need to do- meals, shopping, homeschool, etc. If I don't do it right after they go down, it just doesn't get done.
9-11pm- Mommy and Daddy time when DH works days, more relaxing time for Mommy when he works nights.
Then I'm usually off to bed!

booty hunter 08-06-2012 02:45 PM

Not sure how structured you want to get,but there is a book called "managers of the home" by teri maxwell. It helps you plan a schedule for everyone in your family,it sounds hard but she walks you through it.The only thing is we don't schedule nursing or nap train so I just left the baby on my schedule. I have made one and when we followed it things were so much easier and we had a clean house. But after the baby was born it was so had to keep up. We are trying again this year.

OrangeBananas 08-07-2012 02:28 PM

:popcorn: