Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   omg, kindergarten is coming soon (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1427768)

jennym91005 08-03-2012 05:20 PM

omg, kindergarten is coming soon

im kinda getting physically sick thinking about my son going to kindy in sept. my heart races and i kinda wanna cry. he is going full day (730-2) and probably taking the buss after a few days. he definately needs the stimulation, i def think hes bored right now. i def need the time away. but im so afraid he is gonna be so scared! what if he gets teased? (and i know that all kids deal with that). my heart will be broken. what if he cant handle full day 5 days a week? he went to preschool but it was only 2.5 hrs a day 3 days a week, this is so different! he still has about a month and im about ready to lose it:cry:

JennTheMomma 08-03-2012 05:22 PM

Re: omg, kindergarten is coming soon

I think those are normal thoughts to have. I have no advice, but just wanted to offer hugs to you.

Isn't it crazy how fast this summer has gone, how is it August already?

jennym91005 08-03-2012 05:23 PM

thank you! yes this summer is flying by! another thing is my son spends every tues night at my parents, and while he can still do that, he has to be at school at 730. hes vrey sad about that too =( my son drives me CRAZY, but i only want him to be happy

luvsviola 08-03-2012 05:24 PM

I am the total opposite of the spectrum. BRING ON SCHOOL!!!! LOL. My kiddo went to full day preschool for the past 2 years, and she is extremely ADHD, so she needs to get away from fighting with DS (3) and go have some fun on her own.

Good luck mama! IME as a teacher, it is the parents with the issues. 99% of the time, the kids are fine once the initial adjustment is over.

jennym91005 08-03-2012 05:29 PM

thank you =) i know when nick went to preschool, i had a harder time adjusting then he did. i hope he deals with the adjusting easily. i wont be dropping him off b/c he wont go if im there, so it will be my hubby. i want to be there =(

lanwenyi 08-03-2012 07:35 PM

I totally understand.

I have mixed feelings myself. My DD is headed off to Kinder on Wednesday. She's so excited, but I, of course, am worried about all the "what ifs". The (former) Kinder teacher in me knows she'll be fine, but I think my biggest problem is I don't want her to grow up. She's only 4! (CA's cutoff for Kinder is Nov 1; she's a Sept baby, so she goes this year).

jbug_4 08-04-2012 05:05 AM

I've been having little crying sessions on and off for a week now. We start Sept 5th, but ours is 7:30-3:00. DD was also in 3 half day preschool for the very first time this past year. She is excited but that is a really long day. DH was making fun of me because I was upset. Its the end of an era. She will never be home all day again (except summers). Its like she is not mine anymore. Dd was 3 when ds was born so she had all that time to herself. I am looking foward to being able to give that kind of time to ds like dd got. To take him to classes and museums just me and him. But dd isn't mine anymore:cry:. Recently tv has been advertising an internet public school home school option and I'd be lying if I said I didn't think about it. DD has a peanut allergy and needs an epi. That is probably my biggest freak out of her going to school. The emotional stuff I can deal with-kind of- but the actual fear kills me. She loved preschool and she is going to LOVE school, I can't hold her back from that. I am going to be a mess the first day. DH is planning on taking the day off so he can watch ds while I take dd and be here when I melt down after I get back.

TS8213 08-04-2012 05:24 AM

I'm the opposite, too. Only 18 days left of summer for us! We start back Aug 22nd. DS is an old 5 due to his bday and bc of my job he couldn't go to PS at all. He so needs to get in school! I'm hoping the structure will settle him down a bit. I've already got my pre-apology ready for his teacher on back to school night. :giggle:

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using DS Forum

Computermama 08-04-2012 06:09 AM

Yep, DD starts senior kindy (5yo) in sept, and I can't wait. She loved JK at her old school, and she's such an outgoing child it's exhausting keeping her entertained. Especially with a 3 month old in the mix.

nonipie 08-04-2012 09:26 AM

Hahaha. This is EXACTLY where I was last year this time just before DS started Kindergarten. I was a mess. I had all the same reservations. In the end it was perfectly fine. All my worries were unfounded. He was So excited, he did not cry once. He did get tired and there were lots of little issues. However every other 5 year old was having the same issues. Good teachers understand that they are just babies. There is a lot of hand holding and coddling going on in K. While the curriculum is much more advanced than it was 20 years ago, 5 year olds are not any different. So a good school is really patient with that. There was no real teasing. Some very minor little stuff like some boy called him a mouse or a radio LOL! It was more me than anything.