Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Due In Aug (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=143)
-   -   Worried about posterior birth!!! Also, help me pick a middle name... (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1427840)

thekuan 08-03-2012 08:49 PM

Worried about posterior birth!!! Also, help me pick a middle name...

So I had dd 18 months ago. I'm due this month with baby #2 (no idea on the gender!!!).

I had a birth center birth which was great... except for the one thing they couldn't change, prevent, or predict: at the last minute, dd turned sunny side up, giving me heinous back labor, and making pushing almost impossible (we ended up having to do an episiotomy, though the midwives didn't want to).

Has anyone had a long posterior with #1 only to have a quick and easy #2? I'm crossing my fingers that this one is going to come out nice and easy (but not completely holding my breath!).

Also, any good ideas for middle names that go with Lucca (for a girl)? I don't want anything that just sounds "middle namey" like Ann, Grace, or Lynn. DD is Constance Noel, for reference. I think our boy name is already picked...

SaraElise 08-03-2012 09:12 PM

Re: Worried about posterior birth!!! Also, help me pick a middle name...

Dec I had a bad posterior birth with ds1 (though not very long) and a super easy super fast labor with ds2 13 months later. Dd threw me for a loop with a long long posterior labor but then turned and practically fell out in 3 pushes

mama2seth&trey 08-03-2012 10:11 PM

My 1st was posterior and I had serios back labor. DS#2 was anterior and was a breeze. This baby is already anterior so I am hoping for another fairly easy birth.

thekuan 08-03-2012 10:25 PM

I'm hopeful! So glad to hear that it's POSSIBLE my labor is easier...

keen1981 08-03-2012 10:32 PM

I had two posterior. Lol. I plan this guy to be the same. Pain scares me but it's so short.. I hope I can tough it out again! Lol. Back labor is like nothing else. People have no idea until they felt it themselves. My entire laboratory are with a posterior baby. Born that way too.., stinkers

thekuan 08-03-2012 10:57 PM

Yeah, I'm going to plan on it being posterior and pray that it's better. This baby flops around a lot still. As long as it's just side to side and doesn't do a breech flip, though, I'm fine.

mparmywife 08-04-2012 12:52 AM

DD1 was posterior (1 -1/2 hours of pushing) but DS and DD2 were both easy, 3 pushes and done. Hopefully it was just a "first baby" thing, I don't think it's necessarily something that has a higher chance of happening just because it's happened once. :-)
Middle names - Kathryn, Diane, Carolyn, Maria, Christine, James (I really wanted James for DD2's middle name!), Eraleigh, Erin, Bronwyn, Charlotte...

bohemianxchaos 08-04-2012 05:24 AM

Yup, my first was posterior, SO not fun, but totally doable.
My second was easy peasy, the best labor ever.
Now I'm on number three, who is laying sideways and WONT turn to face down to save my life. Crap. This will be an interesting first homebirth ;)

wordbox 08-04-2012 08:19 AM

My son was posterior but my daughter was just fine. I wouldn't say my labor was quick and easy, since contractions stalled out and i needed pitocin, but it was not the hours and hours of awful back labor I had with the first. Labor was much better this time and her positioning was great.

bohemianxchaos 08-04-2012 08:25 AM

Oh, and as for the middle name, what about something older style, classical, like Evelyn or Rose? Do you have any family names you'd like to incorporate?