Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Wine during pregnancy? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1428018)

mommycass 08-04-2012 12:43 PM

Wine during pregnancy?

Hi mamas, just wondering how many of you drink wine or avoid it during pregnancy? I hope I have good poll options.
I have had a glass every so often but none with this pregnancy. I've started having cravings, theres a winery and orchard close to me and theyve been advertising peach and blackberry wine:o
If you have any comments, please share:)

KaleidoscopeEyes 08-04-2012 12:46 PM

Re: Wine during pregnancy?

i do in third trimester and a beer occasionally too. i had some wine the other night at dinner and no one even looked at me weird lol

JoeysMomma 08-04-2012 12:53 PM

I had a half of a glass of wine a few times during the last month of my pregnancies.

sisu 08-04-2012 01:01 PM

I had an occasional small glass of wine or beer during both of my pregnancies after 20 weeks or so.

KLeeCW 08-04-2012 01:03 PM

I answered other because I would drink an occasional glass of wine during pregnancy, except my body cannot handle it. Except for really mild fruity whites, the smells and tastes instantly turn my stomach. I was celebrating Passover with the ILs and I thought I'd get away with the small glasses of red for prayers. I literally had to run from the table to the bathroom. So embarrassing!

I remember when I was pregnant with DS, we were visiting my ILs and DH and I were going to surprise the ILs with dinner. I'm the cook, DH was just helping me. We were cooking with red wine making a marinade for beef and I actually had to go to the other room because of the strong smell. I was 6 months at the time so past the crazy morning sickness stage. I had to yell the directions from the other room and anytime I got too close to the kitchen or the smell wafted I had to run to the bathroom.

An occasional glass of wine, particularly in the latter half of pregnancy, will not harm your baby. In European countries it is fairly common to see ladies having a glass with their meal and most people don't even notice.

my2sweets 08-04-2012 01:16 PM

I had 5sips last wk(19wks) while eating dinner. I usually only have a glass in the last trimester but last wkend our friends brought a bottle and hyped it up so I wanted to try it. I will more then likely drink a glass-probably a whole one- in the last 1-1.5mons.

austinandashlynsmommy 08-04-2012 01:20 PM

I avoid all alcohol during pregnancy. I just don't feel its worth the possible risks and its easier to just abstain.

mumtothem 08-04-2012 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by austinandashlynsmommy (Post 15499646)
I avoid all alcohol during pregnancy. I just don't feel its worth the possible risks and its easier to just abstain.

^This.I dont drink at.all during pregnancy and rarely while nursing.

Chamomile Girl 08-04-2012 01:52 PM

I had half a glass of wine a couple of days ago to celebrate my birthday. So far that is all the alcohol I have had this pregnancy (19 weeks). The sad part is that it tasted off...not very good.

I have no problems having wine in the third trimester though. I plan to enjoy some for Thanksgiving and Christmas.

ulawolf 08-04-2012 02:26 PM

All five babies a glass of white wine every so often.