Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Non Traditional Families (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=221)
-   -   Dating...sucks (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1428175)

TalkinBoutMyGirl 08-04-2012 08:58 PM

Dating...sucks

Soooo sick of dating. I'm quite, quite content to be single. My life is crazy and dating just turns it into a bigger cluster fcuk. But admittedly sometimes I get lonely and dating sounds like a great idea. I meet someone who I enjoy spending time with and like getting to know.

Then the expectations begin. I don't owe anyone anything especially someone I'm just dating/getting to know. Your supposedly an adult and you whine because I don't wanna cuddle?? Because I won't take time away from my kid for you?? Because I wont call into work to spend the day with you?? Seriously?? Then you insult me bc I am educated. Yep...that's the way to get what you want from me.

Im just so done. I am way happier being single and not worrying about anyone or anything related to love or dating. I am content to never marry or have a spouse. Plans for my life already include more children without a partner. But because of this I feel like I'm broken or something is wrong with me. Shouldn't I want to have a partner in life? I have always wanted someone in my life so it's just strange that I feel such contentment to be alone.

I dunno what the point of this post is. I'm just pissed off right now and need to write. Thanks if you made it this far.

P!nkPepper 08-04-2012 10:33 PM

:hugs:

Jodie ~ wife & mama

loveramongstars 08-05-2012 12:06 AM

Sent from my Inspire. Hope everything makes sense!

Umm_Ibraheem 08-05-2012 12:12 AM

Re: Dating...sucks

justone4me 08-05-2012 12:29 AM

:hugs: There is nothing wrong with you and you are not broken...although I know it does feel that way sometimes! If you are happy/content with being single, that's all that matters. Focus on your child and adding to your family...sometimes dating/relationships just get in the way! :-) :hugs:

JeDeeLenae 08-05-2012 12:35 AM

:hugs: I feel exactly as you do, minutes the more kids. I'm bru close to being in a relationship with a guy, but I've told him time and time again that it's not like we're getting married and having babies. (He actually asked me if I wanted more kids, because he'd like another son...) We haven't even gone on a first date!!! And, just found out he lives with his ex?!?! No wonder they're on again off again!

Sent from my SGH-T959V using DS Forum

TalkinBoutMyGirl 08-05-2012 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quickshep19 (Post 15501613)

Jodie ~ wife & mama

Quote:

Originally Posted by loveramongstars (Post 15501825)

Sent from my Inspire. Hope everything makes sense!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Umm_Ibraheem (Post 15501830)

Thanks ladies

Quote:

Originally Posted by justone4me (Post 15501845)
:hugs: There is nothing wrong with you and you are not broken...although I know it does feel that way sometimes! If you are happy/content with being single, that's all that matters. Focus on your child and adding to your family...sometimes dating/relationships just get in the way! :-) :hugs:

I guess I'm worried that my contentment with being single is going to take away any chance I ever have of finding someone. I mean what if I am not content like this forever?

Quote:

Originally Posted by JeDeeLenae (Post 15501850)
:hugs: I feel exactly as you do, minutes the more kids. I'm bru close to being in a relationship with a guy, but I've told him time and time again that it's not like we're getting married and having babies. (He actually asked me if I wanted more kids, because he'd like another son...) We haven't even gone on a first date!!! And, just found out he lives with his ex?!?! No wonder they're on again off again!

Sent from my SGH-T959V using DS Forum

Oh jeez. See..perfect example. Yes, perfect stranger, I'd love to have your baby :banghead:

justone4me 08-05-2012 06:12 PM

"I guess I'm worried that my contentment with being single is going to take away any chance I ever have of finding someone. I mean what if I am not content like this forever? "

I strongly believe that your heart will let you know...just follow your heart! I know, I know...easier said than done! lol Hang in there, the right person will come along and you will just "know" :) But, then again, I'm not sure I'm the best person to be saying this as I'm almost 42 and still waiting! haha