Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Does anyone feel like talking me into having more kids? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1428342)

RainandRedemption 08-05-2012 01:03 PM

Does anyone feel like talking me into having more kids?

:giggle:
DD is almost 3.5 now and I'm starting to want another baby really badly. I'm 27 this year and dh is 29....... I'm starting to want a big family. Like, maybe2.........3............4?!?!?!?!? more kids???? idk. but if we have one more, I'll probably want another.... and at that point why stop?

Of course it's all hypothetical at this point. But anyway.... anyone want to talk me into having more kids????? :) :giggle2:

iwiamandaiwi 08-05-2012 01:08 PM

Re: Does anyone feel like talking me into having more kids?

If you have the time and the money for another and you obviously want more children then go for it! I think every child should have a sibling to grow up with! My childhood would not have been the same without my siblings and I love them so much. I live very far away from my family now unfortunately but I still regularly talk with my siblings. I could never replace the realtionship that I have with my brothers and sisters, I think it is amazing and everyone should experience it :)

luvsviola 08-05-2012 01:16 PM

I am a "take it one kid at a time" mama. I wanted 2. Then that turned into 3. Now we are planning #4.

DD and DD2 are 4 years apart. When DD2 was a newborn, it was so easy!!!! The older child could get her own drink, snack, wipe her own butt, and she was old enough to understand that baby needed the attention, so she wasn't as jealous. Then we added 2 year old DS back into the mix (foster kid) and OMG! 2 years apart is soooo close. No thanks! I think you might be happy your kids are kinda spread out. :)

kushie tushie 08-05-2012 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luvsviola
I am a "take it one kid at a time" mama. I wanted 2. Then that turned into 3. Now we are planning #4.

DD and DD2 are 4 years apart. When DD2 was a newborn, it was so easy!!!! The older child could get her own drink, snack, wipe her own butt, and she was old enough to understand that baby needed the attention, so she wasn't as jealous. Then we added 2 year old DS back into the mix (foster kid) and OMG! 2 years apart is soooo close. No thanks! I think you might be happy your kids are kinda spread out. :)

Yeah, my fist 2 are 16 mo apart and the baby I'm preggo with will be do when DD is 21 months old. Its going to be crazy. And 16 months was crazy too. Its gets better as they get older but ypu might like then spaced apart a little.

Amanda :). Blaming my phone for typos and crap.

EmilytheStrange 08-05-2012 01:59 PM

Won't try to talk you into it. But, we're 33 and DD is 22months. I'll be 34 and she'll be 2.5 when this baby comes. :)

We're tired just thinking about a newborn again. But man it'll be great for DD to have a sibling :)

Greenebean214 08-05-2012 02:10 PM

I'm right there with you. It seems all of my former pregnant "buddies" are getting pregnant again. I'm getting antsy for another, but I know we need to wait at least another 5 months (DD is 14 mos).

If you've got yearning for more, and can support them financially and emotionally, go for it!

songbird516 08-05-2012 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EmilytheStrange (Post 15503290)
Won't try to talk you into it. But, we're 33 and DD is 22months. I'll be 34 and she'll be 2.5 when this baby comes. :)

We're tired just thinking about a newborn again. But man it'll be great for DD to have a sibling :)

For me the second baby was SO much easier. I think it's a combination of me just knowing how to parent better and he's pretty easygoing. Maybe you'll be pleasantly surprised!

I would totally do another if my husband would go for it (in a couple of years), but that is unlikely to happen.

lizgrace07 08-05-2012 04:04 PM

I've heard many older people say that they wish they had had more kids. Nobody ever says they wish they had had fewer. Go for it!

EmilytheStrange 08-05-2012 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by songbird516
For me the second baby was SO much easier. I think it's a combination of me just knowing how to parent better and he's pretty easygoing. Maybe you'll be pleasantly surprised!

I would totally do another if my husband would go for it (in a couple of years), but that is unlikely to happen.

Yeah :) thanks

Honestly, the part that makes me the most nervous is trying to breastfeed. Things did not go as planned with DD and I think it would be easier to juggle 2 if I had better experience in that arena. I do not want DD to suddenly be stuck inside because I have to sit on the couch and nurse. So I just pray everything goes easily and smoothly and I find a good carrier so I can remain active and nurse at the same time.

myclanof6 08-05-2012 04:29 PM

I always wanted 3, I'm due end of the year with #5. :)
Like everyone else, if you want more then go for it. As far as breastfeeding goes, you just do what you need to do to keep you and your kids happy and healthy. If that means using formula to make that happen then so be it. I'm very pro-bf, but I'm VERY pro happy families. :) You can set up a meeting with a LC a couple of weeks before you are due (WIC has them on staff) so you can get pointers on what was difficult for you and go in with a new set of ideas. Some hospitals even have them in staff, you can find out when you tour them.

Autocorrect has helped me type this.