Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Mean old woman on the plane... (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1428420)

dancermommy1 08-05-2012 04:28 PM

Mean old woman on the plane...

DS is two. He is running up to 104 fever. Had to get up at 3 am to catch a plane, and rode 7 hours plus a two hour layover. He cried maybe 15 minutes that entire time. He did not scream or yell. But he is two. He talks a lot and he giggles and he wiggles.

On the plane, about 2 hours into the second leg of our trip, he is in DHs lap talking and looking out the window and the old lady in front of him YELLS "SHhhhhhhhhhhhhhh" right at DS. He immediately gets scared and starts crying and clinging to me. WTH is wrong with people??? I said " Excuse me, but you do not speak to my child that way. He was doing nothing wrong. He is only 2"

She made some snide comment under her breath. People can really suck. I was so angry I could've spit. He was being SO good for a toddler confined for hours with no sleep and a fever. What is wrong with people. It wasn't the middle of the night, this was 10 freaking AM!

raisingcropsandbabies 08-05-2012 04:34 PM

Re: Mean old woman on the plane...

AGH! THat is horrible!!! I am flying with my 4 kids, 5 yrs. old and under in a couple days and to say I'm scared blankless would be an understatement. Your son's behavior sounds amazing!!! I hope mine are half as good...

joeslittlewoman 08-05-2012 04:44 PM

((HUGS)). Some people just shouldn't go out in public.

We recently had a lady gripe about our almost two year old who was behaving well at a very casual, loud restaurant. I was kind of shocked since he was being so good. She then started a conversation at her table about how in their day the switched the back of kids legs until they bled. CRAZY!

MDever 08-05-2012 04:51 PM

Grouchy old bitty! I have been on flights where a poor baby screamed for hours. That is part of flying you get what you get. Your poor son:cry: I remember your post from a few days ago about him being sick. Glad you made your destination safely. Hope he feels much better soon.

PoshPants 08-05-2012 04:56 PM

he flew with a fever of 104?

P!nkPepper 08-05-2012 05:27 PM

I hate people like that :yuck:. I don't know why people think they can just open their mouths & left crap spew out. Back in my day people treated others the way they wanted to be treated.

Jodie ~ wife & mama

aries416 08-05-2012 05:46 PM

Poor baby! I had a woman comment rudely to me that my 2.5 yr old was too loud on a plane because she was "reading" to herself and singing. It was 6 hour flight to Hawaii! Did she expect her to be silent?

dancermommy1 08-05-2012 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PoshPants (Post 15504057)

Yes. All his fevers run high. His doctor ok'd it. He has no symptoms beyond fever, so her guess is roseola. When the fever is down using Advil, he acts as though absolutely nothing is wrong with him.

mibarra 08-05-2012 06:48 PM

Sheesh. I might have made a smartcrack back like "Excuse me ma'am, could you keep it down? You're upsetting my child with the noises you're making. " ;P

Jen's_4 08-05-2012 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PoshPants (Post 15504057)

That was my first thought too. Why? Weren't you scared you'd make everyone sick? It does sound like the lady was a grouch, but maybe it wasn't the best time to be flying?