Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Due In Dec (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=147)
-   -   Christmas Cards.... (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1428435)

doula81012 08-05-2012 05:17 PM

Christmas Cards....

I'm debating if I want to do Christmas Cards this year. I'm due on Christmas, but I don't think I'll be having a baby on that day :giggle: I don't know if we should do what we've always done and get pictures taken in the first week of December...or wait until after I have baby and send out "Holiday" cards after Christmas. I don't want baby to be excluded, and I'm not sure how I will look being all pregnant in Christmas card photos :blush:

What do you plan on doing if anything?

Ryder 08-06-2012 08:36 AM

I think I will do holiday cards. We are due the 16th but even so there is no way I will have everything together before Xmas. I hope our photographer will get a good pic of both kids and I'll just do a winter themed card

Edensmomma 08-06-2012 03:23 PM

Re: Christmas Cards....

This is my third time being due around Christmas, and I never got around to sending out cards with a newborn. I'm not really big on Christmas cards though anyway.

jlsquire0324 08-06-2012 03:35 PM

DD was born last November and a dear friend did beautiful pics for us. I have never sent Christmas cards, and I just didn't think about it until after the holidays. I had perfect pics for a card :/ so this time if baby comes early in December it might happen.. If baby comes around Christmas, more than likely not... :giggle:

Emmers22185 08-16-2012 09:12 AM

no Christmas cards here this year. We live so close to family, etc. that we dont usually send out more than a dozen or so and hand deliver the others that we want, but I am sure people will understand. We will already be pushing it to get a family picture after he arrives to hand out at holiday gatherings.

moonsandmarshmellows 08-16-2012 03:15 PM

No Christmas cards here either. We'll have enough money to spend on baby announcements and NB pictures (that will include all of us) so those will have to do.

NiNi 08-16-2012 10:46 PM

How about a new year card?

Hoping you had an amazing holiday season and wishing you a happy new year :)

sent from my iPhone. excuse all typos :)

Jim in Texas 08-19-2012 01:29 PM

We are due December 6th so we plan on taking the annual family photo, in front of the tree, with all three of us and if our cards don't arrive until after the 25th, I think everyone will survive.

psylion 08-23-2012 08:00 AM

Chances are the baby will be born before the 12/12 due date so we will do cards in front of the tree most likely. They can double as birth announcements.

coquelicot 08-27-2012 08:30 PM

Since I'm not due until New Year's Eve, there's no telling if we'll have a Christmas baby or not. It's possible since DD was 2 weeks early, but no guarantees. We may just do a nice maternity shot with a holiday theme and make that our Christmas-card shot. Word will get around if "Tiny Tim" makes his entrance before Christmas!