Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Gah! Seriously? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1428483)

kelpie169 08-05-2012 07:29 PM

Gah! Seriously?

Kay so I'm...32 weeks tomorrow (with our third-and last!)Since about 18 weeks I've been havin contractions. I have an irritable uterus which just means that they're contractions but they aren't progressive and hardly show up on the monitor. However-in my opinion-they hurt worse since its constant no matter what I do and there's nothing you can do for it really.
So Tuesday I woke up sick. I've had nausea this entire pregnancy which really sucks! But I tried to eat breakfast when I got the boys food. Came right back up. Tried water. Came back up. Tried coke since that's my miracle cure for nausea. Came back up-not pleasant by the way. This coming from a former bulemic, which is saying something. Maybe it's cause I generally hate coke or soda but it's the only thing that's helped the nausea. I dunno. Well I started spotting really lightly Tuesday as well. I rested (as mch as I could watching 2 active toddlers) but I still couldn't tolerate any foods or drinks. Still contracting. Called the doc, said to go to triage. Husband left work early, took me in.
The stupid er doc (who was very nice, but treated me like my iQ was around 10) basically told me that all it was was the flu and because I was dehydrated (which I knew AND told them) that's what my "slight irritability" was. He did an exam and told me thy even though e could get a finer in my cervix that I wasn't actually dilated. Huh? They filled me up wih IV fluids and sent me home.

Now-I know most people tend to not understand doctors or purposefully misinterpret what they say or something which is why docs tend to talk down to people. But this is the 2nd time ie seen this guy and he told me I wasn't having contractions, even though I could SEE them on the monitor.

This is 5 days later and my IV site is still massively bruised ad swollen. Hurts like a bee-och. STILL contracting. My husband has actually taken over ALL the housework, cooking, home improvement, dealing wih family--everythig. The only thin I'm allowed to do now is feed the kids while he's at work and lay on the bed in their room for the majority of the day while he's working. (he's awesome if you can't tell!)

My problem comes in wih this. I'm still contracting, which I expected. But they're hurti more and become more like "real" contractions. Not labor ones but more like Braxton hicks. But there is no way in hell in going back to triage just for that stupid doc to tell me I have the flu. Psh.

Okay just needed to rant since I've been curled in the fetal position for the last hour cause my back hurts so bad. Sigh.

Anna0623 08-05-2012 08:30 PM

Re: Gah! Seriously?

So sorry momma I hope you start feeling better soon.

P!nkPepper 08-05-2012 09:02 PM

Feel better soon Mama!

Jodie ~ wife & mama

mamaerica 08-05-2012 09:29 PM

Can you just go into L&D and skip the ER altogether?

Here at the hopsital where I deliver at, if you're pregnant (like over 12 weeks?) you can just go straight up to L&D if you're having issues related to pregnancy and they will check you out. A week ago I had some lower stomach pains, and my OB sent me to L&D where they did blood work and an u/s.

keen1981 08-05-2012 09:31 PM

Generally, if you have had a child, you can get a finger tip in. So it's not dilation. I had that same question last pregnancy.you are kinda stretched out.

Hope you feel better :(

HeatherlovesCDs 08-05-2012 09:54 PM

I hate to tell you this, but I went through what you are going through for a month with my previous pregnancy. I have an irritable uterus that gets more and more mad as I get farther along. My contractions are very frequent by 28wks and constant and painful by 32 or so. (this is the trend for my past 2 pregnancies and I'm 30wks along with the same trend this time too.) With my previous pregnancy, I went into real labor at 32wks, because of a stomach virus. I was dilated to 3 when I got to the hospital. They got it stopped and sent me home 24hrs later. Of course, I never actually stopped contracting. I was contracting, strongly, every 10 minutes for the next 4wks. I was at 4cms at 33wk and 5 at 34wks. I was put on hospital bedrest for a week. The nurses couldn't believe I wasn't actually in labor. I stayed at 5 for another 2 wks and delivered at 36wks. I was pregnant with twins. So, 36wks is normal.

But, my point is I understand how you feel and how frustrating this is and the feeling of wondering how long this can go on and dreading it too. I'm 30wks now and contracting like crazy. It's uncomfortable and quickly approaching painful. I'm dreading the last 8-10 wks of this pregnancy and at the same time praying it lasts that long. *sigh*

:hugs: to you!!

cheezpoofs 08-08-2012 05:11 PM

:hugs: There's nothing that can be done for the Braxton Hicks. Hope you get some relief from them very soon.

Tina5834 08-08-2012 05:41 PM

So sorry mama! Soon it will be all over :hugs:

cristy_1996 08-08-2012 05:49 PM

Hmm..have they done a vaginal culture?? I am 16 weeks and started having lower back pain last week, then a couple days later cramping that was abnormal. I went with my instincts and called my OB. I have bacteria vaginosis which I have had before not pregnant and always new b/c there is an odor with it, however, this time there is NO odor or weird discharge that would make me think I had a bacterial infection. She called in my Rx today but I have been cramping VERY uncomfortably since Thursday and am anxious for these dumb pills to start working!!!

TooBusyBearcubs 08-10-2012 12:58 PM

I have a similar experience with my pregnancies, mama. With DS the contractions started around 18 weeks. With DD they started at 16wks. They were NOT BHs, but they were contractions. I was also told I had an "irritable uterus" (really? could they be any LESS specific?), and they got stronger as I got closer to due date. With DD, real labor started at 34 weeks, 3-5min apart, and dilated to 3-4. I had already been on moderate bed rest for FOREVER. They managed to slow things down and put me on a med to try to hold off until closer to my due date. The only thing that sounds really different is the spotting and increase in nausea.
I wouldn't go to that doc again, either. If he is telling you something other than what the OB has told you, then go with the OB's assessment. Around here, if you are 19/20+ weeks, they tell you to bypass the ER and go straight up to the experts on L&D. Do you have a hospital near you that will do that?
Have you talked to your OB at this point? It sounds like somebody in obstetrics may need to look at you.