Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Due In Aug (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=143)
-   -   Aug 6th weekly chat (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1428598)

jemilyon 08-06-2012 08:28 AM

Aug 6th weekly chat

Lots of babies this week! Congrats to all the new mommies and for the rest of us...we are now getting into the middle of the month!

I personally have 10 days left til my dd. 4 days til my mom arrives from Cali! :)

Hows everyone??

Cadensmum 08-06-2012 08:38 AM

Re: Aug 6th weekly chat

My EDD was July 31st and still no baby here. He just isn't wanting to come out. He's going to be a stubborn red head like his mama and all his uncles! Lol

tibeca 08-06-2012 08:42 AM

Feeling a bit jealous of all the mama's with their new babies. I'm not officially due until the 8th, but it is SO hard to wait. Hope everyone is still holding up well.

Christina 08-06-2012 08:51 AM

not due for a few more days but I'm just happy she flipped. really wish she'd come out though, I'm just done being pregnant

threec's 08-06-2012 08:52 AM

I had my sweet little girl Friday, sitting here in the hospital waiting to go home later today. My DH is self employed and needed to finish a job up this morning so he could stay at home this week. :( The joys of being self employed... I just can't wait to get home to my two boys, they miss me so much and it's killing me to not be with them.
Good luck to everyone still waiting!

popsi 08-06-2012 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tibeca (Post 15506346)
Feeling a bit jealous of all the mama's with their new babies. I'm not officially due until the 8th, but it is SO hard to wait. Hope everyone is still holding up well.

Me too! I actually thought I was in labor on Friday and rushed to the hospital, only for them to tell me absolutely nothing was going on! :blush: Quite annoying... But, even more so it makes me think that I really do not know my body at all!

Next time when I think it is the time, I wait ANOTHER hour... just hope the baby doesn't come at home or in the car- so not prepared for that to happen!

Congrats to all the new mamas!

bohemianxchaos 08-06-2012 11:11 AM

Im pretty close to the 'im going to be pregnant forever ' stage, so i must be getting close. Lol.

Mw visit today!

'Smartphone' approved ;)

mama2seth&trey 08-06-2012 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by popsi (Post 15506831)
Me too! I actually thought I was in labor on Friday and rushed to the hospital, only for them to tell me absolutely nothing was going on! :blush: Quite annoying... But, even more so it makes me think that I really do not know my body at all!

Next time when I think it is the time, I wait ANOTHER hour... just hope the baby doesn't come at home or in the car- so not prepared for that to happen!

Congrats to all the new mamas!

If you have access to the "bradley method book" it is really helpful in determining when to go to the hospital.

AFM I am due in 7 days but I think I have finally psyched myself up for another baby after it's EDD. I have to work tonight every time I go to work people go "you still haven't had that baby" and "you haven't popped yet!" I'm just like no. Baby wants to bake a little longer. My close friend keeps calling from out of town to see if "there are any signs."

I don't know how much longer I am going to work because I just don't know when baby is going to come. I pick up per diem shifts in the are for a medical staffing agency and I don't want to pick up too much and have to call and cancel everything. But it is getting downright uncomfortable to be working. But my husband is pushing me to work as long a possible.

My 12 year old will finally be back from his dad's house on tursday or friday. I haven't seen him in 2 months. His dad lives in FL and we are in MI. Oh and my husband will be unavailable all day thursday till really late at night. He is going to Cedar Point with his work. 4 Days before my DD.

This weekend was fun. Saturday went to "Boobapalooza" and "The Great Latch On" and I got to count some of the babies nursing. Afterwards we had people doing henna, massage, reikii, and selling their goods. So I got my belly done with henna and got a massage. Oh... it was awesome. We had a wedding to go to that evening. Then I had to work a 3rd. Got about 1 hour nap before I had to go in. Yesterday after I got up we went to my BIL and SIL's house and went swimming. My 3 year old had a great time and for the 1st time ever let us put him into floaty suit. He has only let one of us hold onto him until now.

1healthylady 08-06-2012 12:03 PM

So many babies! I think it's going to be weird to not feel the baby moving around inside me once s/he comes. I've gotten so used to the soccer player/gymnast/swimmer in there. I swear this child is already training for the 2030 Olympics! I still have a while though. I don't think the reality has sunk in yet that we're about to be parents. My belly can just continue to grow for now! One of my co-workers came in today and said 'you're still here??' Uhh... yeah. I still have 3 weeks! Didn't help my boss's stress level hearing that either since we have a major event next Tuesday. Starting tomorrow I can have a home birth, but this baby needs to keep cooking for at least another 2 weeks!

chach4 08-06-2012 01:32 PM

So had a Dr appt this am. I'm 36 wks, 5 days today. Head still down (YAY!). BuT, doc thinks baby is big, she ordered an US for next weeks appt. She said they aren't always accurate. But if she suspects a 10 lb baby, she said no VBAC for me.
NOOOOOOO. I was so pumped after last wks appt that head was down and id get a shot to vbac.
So just praying that she is misjudging and babe is tiny.