Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Due In Aug (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=143)
-   -   Hospital Door Sign (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1428636)

jcalumna 08-06-2012 08:58 AM

Hospital Door Sign

Hi mamas, I am looking for help in wording a sign to post on the outside of my hospital door during my stay something that communicates "I hope someone doesn't walk in while I'm breastfeeding".

Last year a nurse posted a written sign that just said "Visitors, please check at nurses station before entering". But I honestly don't feel it's the nurses place to be my bouncer nor do I want to be a burden on them.

I'd like to hear your suggestions on a friendly sign to post on the door. Please keep in mind, this is a sign that I not be able to flip over frequently as I will be having a C-Section for my breech baby, so don't think I will be running back & forth to the door before & after each nursing session.

I did find a cute door hanger on Etsy that says "It takes a Hot Mama to make warm milk - Breastfeeding in Progress". But again, I won't be able to hang & remove this each time we breastfeed.

Maybe something like "Please knock. My Mom & I are learning how to breastfeed."

Thanks so much for your help!

Read More:

Do Interruptions Interfere with Early Breastfeeding?

Too Many Interruptions to Mothers & Babies in Hospital

Evaluating the Possible Effects of Interruptions on Breastfeeding Outcomes and Maternal Satisfaction

Operational Failures and Interruptions in Hospital Nursing

Interruptions to breastfeeding dyads on postpartum day 1 in a university hospital

keen1981 08-06-2012 09:00 AM

Well the problem is you could literally be nursing non-stop... And the staff will need to do their checks at some point.. So.. I'm not sure how that works.. And I have done clinicals where mothers are always nursing. It's never an issue unless it's their own visitors, usually. The staff, if Popsicle should come back later..

Fishie Kisses 08-06-2012 09:11 AM

Re: Hospital Door Sign

If I'm reading right, the OP is concerned about her visitors walking in, not so much the hospital staff.

"Please Knock. Even the most natural things take practice...we're learning how to breastfeed"

jcalumna 08-06-2012 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fishie Kisses (Post 15506803)
If I'm reading right, the OP is concerned about her visitors walking in, not so much the hospital staff.

"Please Knock. Even the most natural things take practice...we're learning how to breastfeed"

Correct, I'm more concerned about visitors than hospital staff.

During my last stay, the nurses did not seem too intrusive, only checking in periodically.

In fact, last year I think the nurses became concerned about the number of visitors we had because it was a nurse who approached me about posting a sign on the door.

Thank you very much for your recommendation, Fishie Kissies! :)

badmisterkitty 08-06-2012 09:53 AM

I had a sign with my first that just said, "Please Knock and Wait for a Reply Before Entering. Thanks." I didn't figure anyone needed to know what was going on in there.

Palooka 08-06-2012 10:06 AM

"Knock. Wait. Listen. Mommy and baby want to look their best!"

Fishie Kisses 08-06-2012 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jenn.mcc (Post 15507039)
"Knock. Wait. Listen. Mommy and baby want to look their best!"

ooo, I really like that!!

keen1981 08-06-2012 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by badmisterkitty
I had a sign with my first that just said, "Please Knock and Wait for a Reply Before Entering. Thanks." I didn't figure anyone needed to know what was going on in there.

I like that.

abunchoflemons 08-06-2012 11:15 AM

Nurses here enjoy kinda being bouncers for moms& families even with visitors wecome signs. U could just tell them to check to make sure all clear since some are more private when bfing. Yes, nurses will need to do checks too lthough here again usually good at if ur bfing cuz they support bfing.

qsefthuko 08-06-2012 11:20 AM

Can you ask friends and family to wait until you get home to visit? This would help with a revolving door of visitors.