Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   TTC - Trying To Conceive (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=219)
-   -   Spotting...When to start Clomid? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1428871)

NewbieSAHM 08-06-2012 05:04 PM

Spotting...When to start Clomid?

Hi there fellow TTCers!

This is our fifth month actively TTC - using OPKs, timing BD, etc. And it will be our first cycle using Clomid. I've noticed since paying such close attention that I seem to have spotting for a day or two before what seems to actually be my period starts.

Well, Friday I noticed spotting had started and it made me wonder whether to count that as CD1 for the purposes of timing when to start Clomid. Well...spotting lasted through today and seems to becoming to a conclusion - but no period.

Could I have just had a really, really light cycle? Should I just ignore the spotting and anticipate a real period starting in a few days? Did I miss the boat? Gosh our bodies are so confusing!!

812ajack 08-06-2012 05:26 PM

Re: Spotting...When to start Clomid?

It could be a super light period. But my MD wanted me to have a "regular" AF before starting any meds so I'd prob call MD and ask cause they may want to put you on something to induce a regular AF before starting, but I don't know.:headscratch:

If would have started with a couple days of spotting before that I would prob use your own judgement on that. I'd say if its really light then I prob wouldn't count it. I've had different MD's start me on Clomid either on day 3-7 and 5-9 so I wouldn't think a couple days would make too much difference:goodvibes:

NewbieSAHM 08-06-2012 05:32 PM

You make great points! I'm supposed to be days 3-7 and felt pretty comfortable with starting on day 3 of normal-ish menstruation since I do know that different docs have you start on different days. I think I will take a wait and see approach. He did say we'd induce a period with medication if I hadn't started by the middle of this month - since my cycles can be extremely wonky!

Melmonkey 08-06-2012 05:35 PM

CD 1 is your first full flow day, and from what it sounds like you have not had that yet.

I would call the doc and see what they say, oh, and be careful with Clomid, I over stimulated on 50mg

NewbieSAHM 08-06-2012 06:01 PM

Thanks, MelMonkey - that's a concern of mine, but a chance I'm willing to take at this point. What are signs to look out for with that? Obviously I can google it - but I'm curious to know what you experienced. I think I'll definitely call the doctor, but might wait and see the next couple of days to see if I start with a full flow.

Melmonkey 08-06-2012 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewbieSAHM (Post 15509258)
Thanks, MelMonkey - that's a concern of mine, but a chance I'm willing to take at this point. What are signs to look out for with that? Obviously I can google it - but I'm curious to know what you experienced. I think I'll definitely call the doctor, but might wait and see the next couple of days to see if I start with a full flow.

Actually my first sign was that over night I needed David to cut off my wedding rings....it comes on that quick. Then for the next 2 weeks I bloated, could barely walk, could not sleep because I was in so much pain, it was seriously not fun at all!

I just find it crazy that I over stimmed with the lowest dose of Clomid but stimmed beautifully with the big fertility drugs like repronex and follistim.

NewbieSAHM 08-06-2012 06:52 PM

Wow Melissa - that's intense and scary! Makes me think I shouldn't wear my rings just in case! Sheesh. I'll be on 50mg of course. Crossing my fingers that I'll be ok!