Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Moms of Many or Multiples (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=181)
-   -   WoW! Are they all YOURS? ;) (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1429156)

thekuligs 08-07-2012 11:28 AM

WoW! Are they all YOURS? ;)

7 times in less than 20 minutes yesterday. What is your record?

As a matter of fact, they all are ours :giggle2: I'm 28 but a lady guessed I was 23 after she insisted I wasn't old enough to have 5 kids LOL

TinaDeanette 08-07-2012 11:56 AM

I get that all the time with my 4 kids! "you're too young!!". Well, I guess I'm lying then and they aren't all mine!!! Seriously! :Banghead:

OrangeBananas 08-07-2012 01:23 PM

Re: WoW! Are they all YOURS? ;)

I get told constantly that I look like a teenager, so when I go out with all 7 of my kids I get the most ridiculous comments. I AM only 26, but NO I am not out shopping with my little brothers.

Fishie Kisses 08-07-2012 01:27 PM

It's not too bad when I'm out with just my 3...though I do still get it occasionally. But when I have the 2 daycare boys (8m and 6m) I get asked a LOT if they are all mine (insert wide eyes and jaw drops). I have been asked at least 5 separate times if the 8mo and my 14mo are twins (they are about the same size). The 6mo is little, so I guess if the other 2 WERE twins I could see where people could think they're all mine

mabelinoad 08-07-2012 01:29 PM

:giggle:

twinpossible 08-07-2012 06:16 PM

HAHA yay for looking young! I get that a lot too, I am 28 and I am a university professor. I am often mistaken for a college student :giggle2: I do look young, most people guess any where from 19 to 23. I get tons of comments too but mostly about the twins, some nice and some rude. When I was pregnant with River I got a ton of comments because the twins were only 9 months old. I think when I start showing with this one that there will be a more "normal" age difference (the girls are toddlers now) but I will still get a lot of rude comments...

hmurrant 08-10-2012 10:53 PM

I got a lot of the 'you're too young' in the past year while I was off with my newest, I didn't want to drop on them after that that we were just on the way home from taking the older to school!
Maybe you could just reply 'you caught me, I've actually just grabbed a bunch from the local daycare, so if anyone comes asking, you never saw us....'

thekuligs 08-11-2012 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hmurrant (Post 15529098)
I got a lot of the 'you're too young' in the past year while I was off with my newest, I didn't want to drop on them after that that we were just on the way home from taking the older to school!
Maybe you could just reply 'you caught me, I've actually just grabbed a bunch from the local daycare, so if anyone comes asking, you never saw us....'

LOL And somehow I trained them all the scream MOMMY at me ;)

eguisgirl 08-11-2012 06:12 PM

I get "you aren't old enough..." all the time- not because I am due with #4 but because my oldest is almost 17 and I was pregnant wth him at age 16.

Sha-nanagins 08-11-2012 07:22 PM

:giggle:
This thread made me smile, not because I have as many kids as most of you posting here do, but because I remember my grandmother telling me about her family growing up. With her "whole", "half", and "step" siblings, there were 13 kids. Her stepmother finally got tired of the comments and made a large sign - "YES, they're ALL OURS!" Whenever they went out, she would hold it up over her head while the kids piled in or out of the car(s).