Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   US saw only a sac?! (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1429593)

2wonderfulboys 08-08-2012 11:30 AM

US saw only a sac?!

I had an US today to determine how far along I am. My cycles are not regular because I still nurse YDS. She said that there was only a sac no fetal pole and she was unable to get an estimate on how far along I am. What does this mean? Is this a bad thing? I'm scared to death!

wolffie 08-08-2012 11:33 AM

Re: US saw only a sac?!

How far along do you think you are? It is possible to see only a sac if you are very early. Was the ultrasound internal or abdominal?

*Katherine* 08-08-2012 11:37 AM

If you are still early on, then a sac is not out of the ordinary. Are you going back in a week or two for another u/s? I get them until we have a heartbeat.

2wonderfulboys 08-08-2012 11:54 AM

At the most I would think about 6 weeks. That's just my guess. My last cycle was 5/31, but I don't think I'm that far along at all. She said she couldn't get any measurements it was too small. IDK if I go back or not :( I wonder if I should call my PCP and ask for an order for BW

2wonderfulboys 08-08-2012 11:54 AM

I have never had one this early. With my boys I only got the routine one at 18w

2wonderfulboys 08-08-2012 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wolffie
How far along do you think you are? It is possible to see only a sac if you are very early. Was the ultrasound internal or abdominal?

It was internal

crunchymom2b 08-08-2012 12:18 PM

I would call your doctor and just ask for a follow up in 2 weeks. If you less than 6 weeks what yousaw was very normal. In 2 weeks you should see growth and a fetal pole, and possibly a heartbeat. Don't stress mama- there's a whole thread on the good and bad of early ultrasounds.

Congrats on baby!!!

songbird516 08-08-2012 12:32 PM

If you don't ovulate until later in your cycle it's totally possible that you're only 4 or 5 weeks along, so too early for an ultrasound, really. I wouldn't worry about it at this moment.

naynaygoesrawr 08-08-2012 02:32 PM

I'm praying for you I had this happen to me and it ended up being a blighted ovum. This is where it is just an empty pregnancy sac. My body would not miscarry on its own and I had tons of blood work where my levels were rising but not doubling. I also had multiple internal ultrasounds and there was nothing. It was absolutely heartbreaking and I pray yours ends up just being late ovulation. My heart is still breaking for my pregnancy and the pain I went through. If you need to talk feel free to message me.

2wonderfulboys 08-08-2012 06:46 PM

They scheduled me for another US in 4 weeks. They just seem to think it was too early. I sure hope that's what it is. I don't have orders for BW which I thought was strange.