Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Due In Feb (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=151)
-   -   Expecting our Rainbow Babies in Feb 2013 (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1429710)

Adaline'sMama 08-08-2012 03:53 PM

Expecting our Rainbow Babies in Feb 2013

How many babyloss mama's are in this group? It seems like there are a lot of us? If you've lost a child or a pregnancy let this be a thread for you to talk about your fears, anxieties, and excitments in the new pregnancy.

I'll let someone else be the first to introduce themselves :)

finleyjudemommy 08-08-2012 04:48 PM

We lost a little boy at 24 weeks to Trisomy 13...

abhernandez 08-08-2012 05:45 PM

Re: Expecting our Rainbow Babies in Feb 2013

I had two first tri losses. One mercifully early at 6.5 weeks. Followed by 7 unsuccessful months of ttc. Then the second loss after a perfect 8wk scan. It was about 10 weeks and the day of our first wedding anniversary. That hurt a lot. Plus our dog ran away that same day. Doc said take it easy. But instead I spent three hours running through the streets screaming my dogs name. I I cry thinking about it. But my husband says at least we set the bar low for anniversaries. It can only get better from here on out. And that makes me laugh. And then this pregnancy on our first cycle back ttc. So far, so good. I'm feeling more relaxed now I'm right at the 2nd tri mark. But I'm still uneasy. And over sensitive to every symptom and feeling. And I'm terrified of sharing the news.

miabean 08-08-2012 06:09 PM

On January 26 I lost a baby at 16 weeks :( We are happily expecting now!

kaylabelle05 08-08-2012 07:24 PM

I have had 7 losses before this one. And all due to PCOS. The longest I went was 5.5 wks 2.5yrs ago. I also was between 200-215lbs.

While I do feel bad, for me because I never made it past a totally positive HPT, I was not attached. But the one at 5.5 weeks makes me sad. I am not 100% but I think part of it was due to getting Toradol at 3.5 weeks due to a sever kidney infection. My beta was only "4" so they didn't count me as pregnant. I found out from my sister that Toradol causes mc's in early pregnancy.

I lost all the weight and felt better than ever due to going gluten free. I didn't even think I would get or stay pregnant because we had not been on any birth control for 3 years and nothing ever stuck. I honestly never thought I would get preg as soon as DH got home and especially while in the middle of having a massive kidney infection.

So this is a HUGE surprise rainbow baby that I thought would/could never happen without severe intervention (IVF). I think I need to play the lottery!

brookglen 08-08-2012 11:14 PM

Loss at 6 weeks exactly.

Umm_Ibraheem 08-08-2012 11:57 PM

Mine are hard to put a date on and not knowing hurts my heart so I try not to put too much importance. I felt pregnant since Dec 2010 after my period came back in Nov and I spotted in Dec (3 months postpartum)and for 3 months was told I wasn't by multiple blood tests and ultrasound. In the mean time I was bleeding, cramping and in pain. Feb 1st I went to the hospital because I was in so much pain I thought it was either an ectopic pregnancy or my appendix bursting. Blood work and ultrasound was negative and I was given a heavy dose of pain killers, 28 days later I passed what looked like an organ. Spooked I made an appt with my ob earliest appt was mid March and finally a blood test confirmed I was pregnant and a follow up blood test confirmed my #s declining.

OB said I must have been pregnant for at least 3 months and when she did an ultrasound there was still something in there. I miscarried the first twin for about a month and a half then had a 2 week respite period and miscarried the 2nd for a month and a half. The miscarriage was finally caught on the 2nd twin. I KNOW we had to have conceived in Dec because during this whole time of bleeding and pain there was no activity. My first reaction was GREAT ITS NOT CANCER! or anything else that's terminal! After a few months I started mourning the loss and I'm still mourning the loss to some extent.

Sometimes I feel guilty, maybe they would have survived if I hadn't gone to the hospital and received such a high dose of pain killers. After obsessively reading about twin pregnancies it seems that quiet a few of the ladies ended up in the hospital with pain or something and had their pregnancies confirmed. Maybe I should have waited. *sigh* Its done so no use going there but I still wonder sometimes.

So mid March is when I found I for sure that I was pregnant and miscarrying and by the end of April everything was finished. :( That was my first miscarriage and my current pregnancy is the first after a loss.

Adaline'sMama 08-09-2012 08:05 AM

I know what some of you mean by the relief that comes with the second trimester.

I lost my infant son to SIDS this past April. He was 10.5 weeks old. I immediately got my cycle back since breastfeeding was instantly halted, and we tried to TTC with the first cycle, upon my doctor's advice. She knew that we wanted multiple children even before Charlie died, and said that I could either mourn the loss of my son and then be anxious for the whole 9 months of pregnancy and year after birth, or I could combine the grief and the pregnancy- so that's what we decided to do.

My edd is Feb 7, but they will be induced on January 24, just two days before what would have been my son's first birthday.

HookedByCarolyn 08-09-2012 10:55 AM

I am expecting a rainbow baby at the end of February. I experienced my first loss thus past Valentines day at 12 weeks. My second was just 9 days after multiple positive tests in may. I got pregnant immediately after that loss. I just heard this little ones heartbeat on Tuesday and I go for a dating ultrasound next Tuesday. :bliss:

abhernandez 08-09-2012 02:27 PM

:bighug: I'm so glad all of you a here now after all you've been through!