Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   TTC - Trying To Conceive (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=219)
-   -   TTC after depo (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1429785)

KCmomma 08-08-2012 07:44 PM

TTC after depo

Has any one else had issues? My last shot was Nov 2011 and I was only on it for a year. I had AF in Jan and July, but still no AF or BFP. I didn't have any problems TTC with my first 2, but then again I had perfect 28 day cycles. DH is military so we are trying to hurry up and get preggo so he can be here for the delivery.

KingsDaughter76 08-08-2012 08:05 PM

Re: TTC after depo

I can only say bad things about the Depo shot. It completely messed up my hormones...I had no issues getting preggo before I started taking that shot...after taking it for a year I stopped to get pregnant...I started having miscarriage after miscarriage! Found out it messed up my hormones where I no longer make enough progesterone...so now if I want to even have a chance at getting preggo and carrying to term I have to take prometrium. I also no longer make enough breastmilk due to my hormones being messed up...I have to take meds for that too so I can make enough milk. I tell everyone I know to never take that shot...worst decision I ever made!

I stay away from all forms of hormonal birth control now...

I have had 3 more babies since that shot...but it is very hard to get each one of them...but I did it...so hang in there and hopefully soon you will get your baby!! :-)

kelpie169 08-08-2012 08:10 PM

Another depo hater. It messed with my hormones as well (although not as bad as pp), made me gain like 15 lbs which doesn't sous bad but I'm 5'2" so it was very noticeable, and I actually got pregnant ON it. So yeah I'm off hormonal both control. Of course both my others were also conceived while I was on bc-first nuvaring then yaz.

stringbean02 08-08-2012 08:14 PM

I got pregnant with DD within 2 weeks of my depo shot wearing off, and I had several complications during my pregnancy which I blame the residual hormones in my system for. Those hormones can be traced for up to 3 years after the last shot from what my OB told me (after she gave me the shot, of course). The complications I had were very rare - amniotic bands (2), circumvallate placenta, placenta previa (which did correct itself in the nick of time...not rare, but I thought I would mention it), amniotic lakes (pools of blood in the amniotic fluid), heart murmur that corrected itself by birth (not extremely rare, but worth mentioning), preterm labor. I had zero complications whatsoever with DS. To say I think depo provera is HORRIBLE is the understatement of the century. I don't do hormonal BC anymore.

l_Kimmie_l 08-09-2012 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KingsDaughter76 (Post 15519167)
I can only say bad things about the Depo shot. It completely messed up my hormones...I had no issues getting preggo before I started taking that shot...after taking it for a year I stopped to get pregnant...I started having miscarriage after miscarriage! Found out it messed up my hormones where I no longer make enough progesterone...so now if I want to even have a chance at getting preggo and carrying to term I have to take prometrium. I also no longer make enough breastmilk due to my hormones being messed up...I have to take meds for that too so I can make enough milk. I tell everyone I know to never take that shot...worst decision I ever made!

I stay away from all forms of hormonal birth control now...

I have had 3 more babies since that shot...but it is very hard to get each one of them...but I did it...so hang in there and hopefully soon you will get your baby!! :-)

This a lot of what happened to me after Depo. It also caused PCOS in me.

jjgammon 08-09-2012 09:51 AM

I don't know how much Depo affected me long term, but I started my period 2 weeks after I got the shot (at age 16) and didn't stop bleeding for 5 months...

Hum Bums 01-07-2013 03:30 PM

Oh wow. I was about to go get my second depo shot tomorrow and we were going to start TTCing when that one wore off but now I don't want to get another one! Technically its the third. Had a shot the day I left the hospital with #2 and then again when she turned 1 so this will be the third shot I guess but I don't know now!