Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   TTA - Trying To Avoid (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=218)
-   -   Mirena-would you keep it? Update post#12 (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1429824)

blesdfish 08-08-2012 11:28 PM

Mirena-would you keep it? Update post#12

I got mine July 30th, so almost 10 days ago. I was really excited and I know I'm going to sound stupid but I can't handle it! I'm having side effect after side effect pop up.

So far at just over a week:

Headaches, one lasted all weekend.
Ache... Bad acne.
Joint pain.
Back pain, My back actually went out Sunday night.
Bloating.
My psoriasis is going crazy, it went from the size of a quarter to now 90% of my scalp.
Itchy skin, especially my hands.
Oh, and DH can feel the strings, said they are hurting him.
Aaannd then for the big one, Depression. I'm a wreck. I'm already dealing with PPD but this is unbearable! I've started crying for no reason every day since last Monday. I spend so much energy trying to not yell at my kids... I can't stand myself like this. My dr knows I'm dealing with PPD, she said this would help since it would "regulate" my cycle(which is always amazingly regular) she said she'll start me on estrogen treatments if the PPD gets worse on the miren:headscratch:
I just want it out, I think it's making my life harder, and adding more meds to fix it's issues?!?...:banghead:

I called her and she said to give it more time, but I'm ready to pull it out on my own!
So I'm not sure why I'm posting this, I just feel so alone in all this, I just want someone to know what I'm going through and tell me I'm not crazy!

Thanks for reading.

Umm_Ibraheem 08-09-2012 12:03 AM

Re: Mirena-would you keep it?

:hugs: not crazy you know your body best and not everything works for everyone.

mommy2boys2007 08-09-2012 12:18 AM

I had gotten one in 2006, I only kept it in for two weeks before I just coulldn't handle it any longer and went to have it removed. (I did go to a different dr though, I didn't want to hear all the "it's all in your head comments") The cramping was horrible for me.
((hugs))

nicolemariep 08-09-2012 12:39 AM

I had a brief adjustment period to mine. I felt much better after a few weeks. I would give it a bit more of a chance.

But make an appointment to get the strings trimmed now. If your husband feels it, it could poke him. I had a friend whose DH got cut a little from the strings. Not fun. It should only take one adjustment to be fine.

Sweetbabybows 08-09-2012 12:52 AM

My dh could always feel the strings even after I had them trimmed. I decided not to get another one put in after dd2. I want my husband to enjoy having sex with me! You know your body best so if it's really causing you problems get it taken out.

TofuScramble 08-09-2012 02:18 PM

My strings are pretty long, they curl up around my cervix so there's no poking going on.
If you want it out, then have it out. It doesn't matter if you're crazy or not :giggle: It's your body and your choice. If you have other ways of preventing pregnancy (if that's what you want) that work better for you, then go for it. Good luck :)

Paislie98 08-09-2012 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TofuScramble (Post 15522447)
My strings are pretty long, they curl up around my cervix so there's no poking going on.
If you want it out, then have it out. It doesn't matter if you're crazy or not :giggle: It's your body and your choice. If you have other ways of preventing pregnancy (if that's what you want) that work better for you, then go for it. Good luck :)

This exactly! I wanted mine out right after getting it in may. I didn't have as many side effects as your having tho, but now it's all good. The spotting/periods are more predictable and I don't feel quite so crazy. So far, I'm glad I stuck it out but get it out if you want it out. :)

firemommaof1 08-09-2012 11:46 PM

I've had two and both came with unlisted side effects. You know your body best and if you'd miserable take it out. ((hugs)).

JeDeeLenae 08-09-2012 11:57 PM

I couldn't handle mine after a while. I started having all sorts of weird symptoms; everything stopped after I took it out.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using DS Forum

Kap7270 08-13-2012 08:42 AM

How is it going now? Hope you're feeling better!