Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   EC - Elimination Communication (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=128)
-   -   Looking for panties recommendations (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1429846)

BeccaSueCongdon 08-09-2012 01:35 AM

Looking for panties recommendations

DS is 15 mos, and I'm looking for some panties she can wear around the house that will catch enough of a "miss" so as not to leave "puddles," but will be obvious that she wet so I don't miss it.

And I'd love some recommendations for EC while out on errands, or at church. And how about nighttime in a family bed?

Mom2jandb 08-09-2012 03:53 PM

Check out an Etsy shop called reclaimedchildhood. I haven't tried these yet, but I want to!

L&L 09-25-2012 06:53 PM

Re: Looking for panties recommendations

We use the Gerber 100% cotton Trainers (3-pk Amazon.com). They will catch a miss, if it's not a flood! Sometimes we will put a pull-on/soaker style wool cover over them for outings.

BeccaSueCongdon 09-25-2012 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L&L
We use the Gerber 100% cotton Trainers (3-pk Amazon.com). They will catch a miss, if it's not a flood! Sometimes we will put a pull-on/soaker style wool cover over them for outings.

Any favorite soaker makers? I'm new to wool and haven't been brave enough to take the dive yet. Is it good enough protection to let her sit on someone else's furniture? Lol.

L&L 09-26-2012 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeccaSueCongdon (Post 15731647)
Any favorite soaker makers? I'm new to wool and haven't been brave enough to take the dive yet. Is it good enough protection to let her sit on someone else's furniture? Lol.

I have a few WAHM's I bought on the FSOT as a lot, no particular name/colorway, plus a few Cover Your Clovers & MamaBear BabyWear wraps.

The wahm knit soakers seem to do well for daytime use at home and short outings. You can feel a miss, but it's not soaking through (if that makes any sense?).

The MBBW wraps are upcycled and work great for a heavy wetter at nighttime over a thirsties prefold (we are still trying to practice EC at night, but my LO isn't into it). We tend to do two changes, maybe a catch at night.

BeccaSueCongdon 09-26-2012 03:51 PM

Thx!

shortcake2386 09-26-2012 03:58 PM

i make EC undies and trainers
www.mothergoosedesigns.com
we prefer the dribble drawers here but all the trainers will hold a good sized pee, more than the gerbers(that my niece could pee straight through lol) and they fit just like undies

BeccaSueCongdon 09-26-2012 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shortcake2386
i make EC undies and trainers
www.mothergoosedesigns.com
we prefer the dribble drawers here but all the trainers will hold a good sized pee, more than the gerbers(that my niece could pee straight through lol) and they fit just like undies

Thank you!! I'm going to poke around and see what colors and prints you have. :-) I like the boxer style trainers!

mamaspice 10-06-2012 12:07 AM

Hanna Andersson Training Unders are expensive but awesome. Watch for a 20% off sale.

The xs fits my dd who wears 18 mos clothing.