Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Potty Training (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=173)
-   -   If you are TOTALLY done with CD's (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1430052)

hibiscus869 08-09-2012 02:00 PM

If you are TOTALLY done with CD's

I realize posting this on a CD forum doesn't really make sense, but I'm curious if, for those who are totally done CDing, if all the hype/attention/obsessiveness surrounding CD's has started to seem strange to you?

Don't get me wrong. I think CDing is great, I wouldn't have done it otherwise. And I LOVED it while I was doing it. I used to think I could never get enough. But now that I'm totally done with diapers and I've had a few months with no diapers at ALL I don't miss it in the slightest. I realize how simple of a diaper stash I could have had, how little money and time I really needed to put into it. At the time it was fun, I loved it, but it's like I had CD fever and now the fever has broken.

This is not a criticism of those who ARE really into their diapers and enjoying it, there's nothing wrong with that. I was right there a few months ago. I just wondered if anyone else has swung from one end of the pendulum to the other like I have.

hibiscus869 08-11-2012 11:42 AM

Guess I'm the only one LOL :)

Mac & Cheeses mom 08-11-2012 11:58 AM

Idk I was always in the middle I live my fluff and I am sad it's gone, but happy too because I don't have to do that laundry anymore.

I have always thought the hype of some is extreme, but I also understand it.

MrsJordan85 08-11-2012 12:04 PM

Re: If you are TOTALLY done with CD's

I'm still CDing and feel that way, lol. Simplified WAY down and have the mindset of "they're just diapers".

hibiscus869 08-13-2012 01:16 PM

Well at least I'm not the only one. I just went from being like insanely obsessed to NOT so it makes me chuckle sometimes. I'm kind of an all or nothing type unfortunately.

redheadinlove 08-16-2012 01:43 PM

I've actually been like this from the beginning. I'd love some cute diapers, but I have a full stash of prefolds +proraps and a handful of pockets for nighttime and daddy use and it's fine. I'd like some pretty ones in the same way I'd like some hair bands for her =)

Afterall...they just sh*t in them anyways.

redheadinlove 08-16-2012 01:43 PM

I've actually been like this from the beginning. I'd love some cute diapers, but I have a full stash of prefolds +proraps and a handful of pockets for nighttime and daddy use and it's fine. I'd like some pretty ones in the same way I'd like some hair bands for her =)

Afterall...they just sh*t in them anyways.

amdeemer 09-02-2012 09:02 PM

I was kind of sad after my daughter was done, but I hadn't really entered the CD world until she was 18 months old & then at around 26 months we were finished with them. But with my son, we used them until 26 months as well & now that we're done, I am happy! I am prepping to sell my whole lot & it feels good. They served me quite well & it was a fun time in my life, but I'm ready to move on. I can still appreciate the excitement related to CDing, but I'm much more detached now.

lanwenyi 09-02-2012 09:32 PM

I never really got the hype when my kids were in CDs. Sure, cute was good, but not at a high cost. If it worked, I didn't mess with it. Now that I'm done with CDs, I stay out of the diaper chatter forums b/c I can't even follow it all anymore. I don't know the "in" diapers right now, and I have less understanding of the hype now than I had back when I used CDs on the kids. At least then, I could understand it, even though I didn't share it.

KaleidoscopeEyes 09-02-2012 09:41 PM

i never got crazy for wool, or the "IT" diaper. i bought what was cheap and when i had as many as i needed i was done. i discovered with ds2 that i preferred fuzzi bunz so i collected those when i was PG with Panda

oh and i totally dont get spending a buttload on fitteds when you use a cover anyway