Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Favorite preschool flashcards? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1430059)

lauren_brooke 08-09-2012 02:14 PM

Favorite preschool flashcards?

I'm looking to get some flashcards for DS. His DCP has some and he does great with them, so I was wanting to get some to have at home to work with him there. Just looking for alphabet, numbers and sight words. I looked at WalMart and Target but they didn't have what I was looking for. So, what's your favorite? I'm looking to buy or find printable ones.

Djrose 08-09-2012 02:30 PM

Re: Favorite preschool flashcards?

oooo I am interested as well!

lanwenyi 08-09-2012 07:05 PM

3x5 cards and a sharpie (works for colors, numbers, shapes, alphabet, etc)

Once over 4 and headed to Kinder the next year (AND has interest), print the lowest Dolch List of sight words (avail free on the internet) and make 5 cards at a time.

MommyZ of 2 08-09-2012 07:21 PM

I'm surprised I'm saying this, but the sliding word cards that come with the "Your Baby Can Read" set are awesome for some sight words. They are super heavy duty, and you slide the picture out to see if you got the word correct. It's kinda nice that they can quiz themselves while they're playing alone. I think the DVDs are useless, but the books and cards are great!
For the alphabet, we just made them on I sex cards and replaced as needed. I never made them for colors, since we practice that everywhere with everything.

ETA- Supposed to be index cards! Autocorrect strikes again!

MommyZ of 2 08-09-2012 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MommyZ of 2
I'm surprised I'm saying this, but the sliding word cards that come with the "Your Baby Can Read" set are awesome for some sight words. They are super heavy duty, and you slide the picture out to see if you got the word correct. It's kinda nice that they can quiz themselves while they're playing alone. I think the DVDs are useless, but the books and cards are great!
For the alphabet, we just made them on I sex cards and replaced as needed. I never made them for colors, since we practice that everywhere with everything.

Index cards! I tried to edit, but it kept timing out and failing.

meldo 08-09-2012 07:28 PM

Quote:

Index cards! I tried to edit, but it kept timing out and failing.

Omg autocorrect! Lol!

I'm typing on my iPhone, sorry.

lauren_brooke 08-10-2012 05:48 AM

Quote:

ETA- Supposed to be index cards! Autocorrect strikes again!

:giggle: darn autocorrect!

cristy_1996 08-10-2012 04:22 PM

I made my own on index cards but I do know Dollar Tree has a pretty big selection of flash cards. I'd try to look there also.

wordbox 08-10-2012 04:54 PM

We recently got a bunch from the dollar section at Target. They also have some in their book section, as well as their art/school supply section.

mama2myangels09 08-10-2012 05:03 PM

I found all three of those at walmart. :)