Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   First grovia and I am in love. Will these feelings continue? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1430065)

jamie714 08-09-2012 02:23 PM

First grovia and I am in love. Will these feelings continue?

Yesterday I got a grovia shell with two stay dry soakers. I love love love it.

I love how soft and stretchy and comfy is seems on lo (currently 4 months)

I love how it fits. My poor 3 year old had to try it on and it fit her, so I know size wise it will last.

I love that the shell will last through more changes because of the waterproof back on the soaker.

I even tried it at night. My son slept half the night on his tummy and half on his side and nursed two times and this diapers lasted 11 hours without a booster. Even the mesh inside the shell was dry.

I want to have only this kind of diaper. Does anyone have all grovia hybrids in there stash and still love it?

I'm a little worried that I love the first impression too much and it won't last. Will my thoughts on them change when we start solids?

Does anyone use this shell with a different soaker?

Thank you.

mrother 08-09-2012 02:39 PM

Re: First grovia and I am in love. Will these feelings continue?

Would love to know this too?

gabmaxi 08-09-2012 02:49 PM

I used grobaby shells with pad folded flats and disposable inserts (g diaper)

meljc 08-09-2012 03:04 PM

We have a bunch of Grovia hybrids as part of a mixed stash but still love them six months in! Our guy is pretty slim so they work nicely for him. Poop gets on the shell relatively often, but has never escaped the shell. FYI the stay dry inserts clean up much easier than the cotton ones.

hpfgirl 08-09-2012 03:19 PM

These are awesome diapers and if you can afford a whole stash of them, go for it. After about 1 year, we had to use them with boosters. They stopped fitting DS at around 25lbs because of the booster.

Poop always gets on the cover, so I don't recommend a ton of extra inserts. Maybe a ratio of 3 inserts for every 2 covers or something like that.

If you have the hook and loop covers, you have to line dry them to make them last. I found that this wasn't an issue because of the nature of AI2 systems - you can still throw the soaker in the dryer.

I also love BGE and have a bunch of those, and I really like pocket diapers for night because they feel dry and baby sleeps better.

jamie714 08-09-2012 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hpfgirl
These are awesome diapers and if you can afford a whole stash of them, go for it. After about 1 year, we had to use them with boosters. They stopped fitting DS at around 25lbs because of the booster.

Poop always gets on the cover, so I don't recommend a ton of extra inserts. Maybe a ratio of 3 inserts for every 2 covers or something like that.

If you have the hook and loop covers, you have to line dry them to make them last. I found that this wasn't an issue because of the nature of AI2 systems - you can still throw the soaker in the dryer.

I also love BGE and have a bunch of those, and I really like pocket diapers for night because they feel dry and baby sleeps better.

Thanks. I really do love them. I have been using cloth for a little over three years and never tried them before because of cost. We have some extra money coming soon though and might be able to get a full stash.

I'm actually thinking I might get enough for 12 changes and keep 12 prefolds with some of my flips and get 12 Aio or pockets to round it out. I feel this would be a stash that would give me enough variety to not feel like I need to try more but still be simple enough to fill my need of thinking everything must be the same.

Anyone else love them or have ideas of what else I could try? I love the narrow crotch and softness.

krisnat 08-09-2012 04:42 PM

I LOVE these diapers....right now I am trying to sell/trade my entire diaper stash from my daughter so I can use only GroVia's with my son.
I actually use mostly gdiaper inserts but I have a few Grovia inserts and they seem to be more absorbent.

melvy83 08-09-2012 05:37 PM

I LOVE these diapers....... despite the high price, I bought 2 of these shells. I really love them, I use it with the prefolds when we go out. These are really good to show off LOL.. Haven't used them for night, I use pocket diapers for night...

jamie714 08-09-2012 05:44 PM

Ok. I just put it on him again after washing from last night. How is it possible to love a diaper so much. DH is tired of hearing about it.

Should I get a full stash of these or get a little variety?

Also I only have the stay dry right now. Should I get the cotton for day and keep the stay dry for night?

tarofinnian 08-09-2012 06:02 PM

I use two diapers, GroVia and Rumparooz. I love both. Rumparooz I have found to work better at night. But I absolutely love my GroVia's. I bought both snap and hook & loop. I found out quickly I much prefer snap and ended up converting them all. My daughter is 6 months and about a month ago she started sleeping on her stomach. I noticed her leaking out the top while napping so I now use a booster with naps and no longer have this issue. I prefer the stay dry to keep the moisture off her skin as much as possible. I rarely have issues with her poo getting on the cover as others have stated. But if it does it has never leaked out of the shell. The hybrid system is wonderful. While traveling I use the BioSoakers and have never had an issue or leak with them, flying and all.