Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Labor, Delivery & Postpartum (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=166)
-   -   Noncontracting post partum uterus? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1430072)

KCmomma 08-09-2012 03:36 PM

Noncontracting post partum uterus?

I have had a C/S and a VBAC, both times my uterus has not contracted properly after delivery, which made me have massive blood loss. With my C/S they opened me back up and packed me plus 2 blood transfusions. With my VBAC I they gave me pitocin and 2 blood transfusions. Has anyone else had this happen? Has anyone had it in some deliveries but not others?

m0mof6 08-09-2012 03:41 PM

I lost a lot of blood with YDD. I would contract if touched/massaged but then relax and fill up. My CNM had them give me a med that contracted me really well. This was after trying pitocin and frequent message. I went low enough that if I was any lower I would have had to stay longer and get a transfusion. I have no clue what they gave me.

momomom 08-14-2012 03:08 PM

Re: Noncontracting post partum uterus?

RED RASPBERRY LEAF TEA!!! This will tone your uterus up really well. Drink 4-8 cups per day in your 3rd trimester. Drink it now if you are not preggo.

I lost tons of blood with #1 and narrowly avoided a transfusion. Started drinking the tea with the others and it has decreased my problems each time.

After the last birth, I did hemorrhage about 1250cc, but it was over quickly and I felt no effects of the blood loss. RRL also builds up your blood so blood loss is less hard on you.

You can google or check out herb books from the library to read more. But RED RASPBERRY LEAF TEA! is my advice on it!!!

aumismommy 08-15-2012 01:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by momomom
RED RASPBERRY LEAF TEA!!! This will tone your uterus up really well. Drink 4-8 cups per day in your 3rd trimester. Drink it now if you are not preggo.

I lost tons of blood with #1 and narrowly avoided a transfusion. Started drinking the tea with the others and it has decreased my problems each time.

After the last birth, I did hemorrhage about 1250cc, but it was over quickly and I felt no effects of the blood loss. RRL also builds up your blood so blood loss is less hard on you.

You can google or check out herb books from the library to read more. But RED RASPBERRY LEAF TEA! is my advice on it!!!

Ditto.

yogamama28 08-15-2012 04:58 AM

I lost 3,000cc or so and had to have transfusions and an extended hospital stay after my dd was born this past winter. I would clamp down if they would massage me but otherwise not. My dr called it a "boggy" uterus. When they would massage me, I would pass grapefruit sized clots.
Yuck yuck yuck. So scary thinking back. My blood pressure got so low and I started going into shock. They took me into emergency surgery to investigate and do a D&C :(