Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Babywearing (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Favorite carrier? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1430304)

mommychay 08-10-2012 07:46 AM

Favorite carrier?

I Have a moby wrap and LOVE it, but I've Also heard good things about the baby ktan

JennTheMomma 08-10-2012 08:20 AM

Re: Favorite carrier?

The Baby K'tan is basically the same thing it just doesn't tie. I personally did not like my K'tan. I love woven wraps though. You can get them in many fabric blends, colors, designs, etc. And they can be used well into childhood.

loveReese2pieces 08-10-2012 10:03 AM

moby, ergo, and a ring sling will provide every kind of carry and size/weight. I love all three of these! Ergo is soooo comfy even with a heavier kiddo! Moby is so awesome for nb - 3 mos.

Bosky 08-10-2012 01:23 PM

I love my Scootababy for quick ins and outs, but if I'm going for comfort I pick up my wrap tai. Unfortunately LO has very little patience for wrapping these days, or my woven wraps would get a lot more love.

bluedaisyma 08-10-2012 06:53 PM

I love my beco 4g. I use it from newborn up thru toddlerhood. I also love a mei tai.

mrskfs87 08-10-2012 07:53 PM

I wasn't a fan of wraps once my kids got a little heavier. My 4 month hold was pretty heavy starting around 2 months, so the Ergo was comfortable for him and myself.

mommychay 08-11-2012 07:57 AM

That's Odd I love my wrap more now that my son is a clingy toddler, he loves being carried so I just wrap him and Carry him and it doesn't kill my back!

bluedaisyma 08-11-2012 09:06 AM

well, woven wraps are great bc you can use them on your back, etc and can use them up to 45 or more lbs, but a stretchy wrap like a moby, you can only use on your front and up to 20lbs, so that may be why she didn't find a wrap comfy on a heavier baby. With the stretchy wraps, when a baby is heavier, it makes it unsafe and can strain your back.

earlgrey 08-14-2012 10:15 AM

Love my ergo! But I am newer to babywearing.. ergo is such a great way to start babywearing!

hibiscus869 08-14-2012 02:13 PM

Here's what I've tried:

Sleepy Wrap (I think this is now called a Boba wrap?) Love for the newborn stage. Love the stretch in the fabric.
Moby- a lot like the Sleepy Wrap but no stretch, I preferred the Sleepy Wrap. Returned.
Ergo- LOVE. Best item I ever got. Just works really well for me. My DH cannot wear it though, he's just too wide in the shoulders.
Deuter backpack carrier- wonderful for hiking, and my DH can wear that one easily.
Hotsling- really cute, but it killed my hip. Returned.
Lillebaby- killed my back, returned.
Baby Nari Hip Hugger- loved the quality but hurt my hip. Returned.

So overall if I could only have one I'd have the Ergo. But I really did like the Sleepy Wrap for the newborn stage, it was wonderful for my little preemie to be all wrapped up against me in those early days.