Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Share your "schedule" with me.. (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1430366)

babylove921 08-10-2012 10:14 AM

Share your "schedule" with me..

2 Attachment(s)
I have a 19 month old, and a almost 3 month old. Both boys.
DS1 has a ridiculous amount of energy. We live in a tiny townhouse. The downstairs is completely open.
I'm gonna gate off the kitchen, as someone mentioned.
I just have no idea what to do with him. He is everywhere. We have no routine anymore, since DS2.
We pretty free-play, watch Disney JR all day long. I really don't know what else to do.
We use to go out and do things, but he'd prefer to walk now, and running after him with DS2 in my Moby is freaking hard.
I need ideas on things to do with him. Short outings. Easy table play.
He typically is up by 7:30. Lunch at 11:30, then naps about 2 or so hours.

Attachment 116066

Attachment 116065

babylove921 08-10-2012 12:24 PM

Help me please! I honestly don't know what to do with my own kid.
I just tried a tent with chairs/blankets, he just tore it all down.
I'm gonna try to get some crayons/paper at the 1 store.

Fashionably Green Baby 08-10-2012 12:34 PM

Re: Share your "schedule" with me..

Well we have a meal and nap schedule but we just free play all day. We don't do tv for the kids at all so they just run around the apartment and generally make a mess of their toys :giggle: They also love to color and we have a large chalkboard tacked to the wall for chalk fun. There schedules are

6 yo and 3 yo. Up and eat at 7:30 or 8 am.
Lunch at 11:30
Nap/quiet time 12:30 to 3:30
Dinner 5:30
Clean up for the day from 7-7:30
Bedtime routine starts at 7:30, in bed at 7:45

13 month old's schedule is currently
7:30-8 wake up and eat
9 to 10 nap
10:15 nurse and snack
11:15 to 12:15 nap
12:30 nurse and lunch
1:30 to 3:30 nap
3:30 nurse and snack
5:30 nurse and dinner
6 to 7 nap
7:30ish nurse and get ready for bed
8:30 bed

so as you can see with the baby's schedule we don't get out much :giggle: I am fortunate to have an amazingly easy 3rd child but the girl likes her sleep and she is not happy when I make her miss one of her many naps.

babylove921 08-10-2012 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fashionably Green Baby
Well we have a meal and nap schedule but we just free play all day. We don't do tv for the kids at all so they just run around the apartment and generally make a mess of their toys :giggle: They also love to color and we have a large chalkboard tacked to the wall for chalk fun. There schedules are

6 yo and 3 yo. Up and eat at 7:30 or 8 am.
Lunch at 11:30
Nap/quiet time 12:30 to 3:30
Dinner 5:30
Clean up for the day from 7-7:30
Bedtime routine starts at 7:30, in bed at 7:45

13 month old's schedule is currently
7:30-8 wake up and eat
9 to 10 nap
10:15 nurse and snack
11:15 to 12:15 nap
12:30 nurse and lunch
1:30 to 3:30 nap
3:30 nurse and snack
5:30 nurse and dinner
6 to 7 nap
7:30ish nurse and get ready for bed
8:30 bed

so as you can see with the baby's schedule we don't get out much :giggle: I am fortunate to have an amazingly easy 3rd child but the girl likes her sleep and she is not happy when I make her miss one of her many naps.

A chalkboard is a great idea. Thanks for that idea. I think I might get that long white paper and tack on the wall.

ARogers 08-10-2012 12:40 PM

Mine are older than yours but you can still probably get some ideas. We start with bfast, then 30min-1hr of cartoons. Sometimes those two are switched, most of the time we don't watch cartoons because they want to take their time eating. Afterwards we do school work. DS isn't HS'd but I like to do a little so he's ready when school starts back up. DD's "school work" is going on starfall. Then we kinda do free play, either playing inside or swimming. During that time I make their snack. After snack we do art/crafts. You can get a lot of stuff for this at the $1 store, watercolor, pipe cleaners, foam stickers etc. Usually after that it's lunch time.

Before we moved would go to the mall because they have soft play areas. They don't have them where we live now. Hopefully these ideas will work for you.

eta It's probably easier to see the routine in a timeline.

0700 Wake up & Eat
0745 Homework/Reading Eggs/Starfall
0845 Art/Crafts
0945ish AM Snack
1145/1200ish Lunch
1300-1500 Nap/Quiet Time
1700ish Dinner
2000 In Bed

Leanbh 08-10-2012 12:44 PM

I think the key is to plan one thing in the morning for him to do and one in the afternoon. For example today I took them out to a new park, then a very short grocery shop, lunch, then nap for the toddler. After his nap I try to do something a little active too like play outside with bikes, toys or park/walk. We sometimes go to the local pool in the am or pm, but think that would be hard with your age ranges.

Rest of the time I don't try to organize the time too much as my toddler plays well on his own. However if you pull out the play doh, paint or craft, he is thrilled and will stick to that for an hour or so. 18/19 months is a hard age. You'll find in a few months it will be much easier and the baby will be on more of a schedule too.

babylove921 08-10-2012 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ARogers
Mine are older than yours but you can still probably get some ideas. We start with bfast, then 30min-1hr of cartoons. Sometimes those two are switched, most of the time we don't watch cartoons because they want to take their time eating. Afterwards we do school work. DS isn't HS'd but I like to do a little so he's ready when school starts back up. DD's "school work" is going on starfall. Then we kinda do free play, either playing inside or swimming. During that time I make their snack. After snack we do art/crafts. You can get a lot of stuff for this at the $1 store, watercolor, pipe cleaners, foam stickers etc. Usually after that it's lunch time.

Before we moved would go to the mall because they have soft play areas.

yes, we have a mall with a soft play place. Me/dh took him yesterday, he had a blast. Its just so hard to run after him while wearing the baby, KWIM. I may reserve outings like that when Dh is home, every 2-3 days, he is home for 2-3 days.

babylove921 08-10-2012 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leanbh
I think the key is to plan one thing in the morning for him to do and one in the afternoon. For example today I took them out to a new park, then a very short grocery shop, lunch, then nap for the toddler. After his nap I try to do something a little active too like play outside with bikes, toys or park/walk. We sometimes go to the local pool in the am or pm, but think that would be hard with your age ranges.

Rest of the time I don't try to organize the time too much as my toddler plays well on his own. However if you pull out the play doh, paint or craft, he is thrilled and will stick to that for an hour or so. 18/19 months is a hard age. You'll find in a few months it will be much easier and the baby will be on more of a schedule too.

Yea, I don't want to schedule him to death. But being alone, by 3-4 he is bored to pieces.
I am looking into A Beka preschool stuff for 2's. They have a art work book that might help me.

Bentley'sMomma 08-10-2012 01:04 PM

I currently only have a 21 month old ds. dd is due next week and I'm sure that will change our schedule up... but for now, our schedule looks like this.

7:00- wake up

"help" mommy make breakfast and clean so that it takes an hour. :) We also talk about the food. The colors, the shapes, texture, what he likes/dislikes etc and I also talk about what we will be doing that day.

8:30- shower/bath time. We do this together and have LOTS of toys. He particularly likes to fill up the little stacking cups of water and pour them from one to another. He also has little plastic animals in the shower and we pretend to clean them.

Then we get out of the house until noon. Depending on the day, this will be going to the grocery store, the park, the library, a indoor play place, an errand, the post office to ship diapers, etc.

11-11:30- We start lunch. We either go out to eat or I bring along healthy "snacks" that count as lunch for him to eat wherever we are at the time.

Noon- Naptime. I stick him in the car and we drive home. He's asleep by the time we get home. I bring him in and put him in his bed and he sleeps until 2-2:30.

2:30-4:00- Quiet play. We color, do puzzles, read books, play with blocks etc.

4:00- Snack time.

4:30-6:00- Daddy comes home! Play remote control cars, go outside to play fetch with the dogs, blow bubbles, play with chalk, throw rocks, play at the water table etc... They do boy stuff :) (I cook dinner)

6:00- Dinner. We eat as a family, talk about our food, tell daddy what we did during the day (ds doesn't talk... so I tell daddy what we did in the form of questions so ds can shake his head yes or no about the activities we did). Ds is usually done eating before we are and will play with his toys by himself for a little bit.

7-7:30- We actively play with toys, practice our colors/shapes etc., wrestle, etc.

7:30-8- Drink a bottle, get ready for bed, brush teeth etc.

8:15- in bed.

ARogers 08-10-2012 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by babylove921 (Post 15526838)
yes, we have a mall with a soft play place. Me/dh took him yesterday, he had a blast. Its just so hard to run after him while wearing the baby, KWIM. I may reserve outings like that when Dh is home, every 2-3 days, he is home for 2-3 days.

I'm glad he enjoyed it. Is the area not enclosed? I used to bring DS to run around when DD was still an infant.