Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Fess up......who's excited that school is starting back..... (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1430432)

Leanbh 08-10-2012 01:39 PM

Fess up......who's excited that school is starting back.....

We have had a lovely mellow relaxing summer, nothing too crazy, going camping next week and then the week after school begins.

I have to confess I'm excited this year as I will have two kids in school full time. So then just the toddler and baby during the day. Preschool/speech for toddler twice a week for half day - perfect for alone time with baby or getting errands done.

Not looking forward to making two lunches, the chaos of two doing homework(1st and 3rd grade) and of course all the school "stuff" that comes with it, like fundraisers, events, projects and all that.

It's just so strange when the older two are not here, definately quieter:giggle2:

Fashionably Green Baby 08-10-2012 01:58 PM

Re: Fess up......who's excited that school is starting back.....

Yeah, I am ready and so are my kiddos.

newmommy13 08-10-2012 02:24 PM

I am sad dd will be gone but happy because it will be good for her. She is so bored even with all her activities. And being on a daily schedule is better for me too. I feel like my house hasnt been really clean all summer!

Bear Family 08-10-2012 02:33 PM

Nope, I am not...not at all. However that could be because I am a wohm and it just adds a lot to my schedule when she is in school. I get up eraly and dh takes the kids after I leave, so I have to get everything packed and ready the night before. Lunches, bag, pick out school clothes, pack the diaper bag (for the baby who isnt in diapers, but that is what I am used to calling it.) Not to mention adding homework to all of this in the afternoon when I get home, the complaints, the metldowns over hours and hours of homework. The teacher who gets on my nerves, the influences that my daughter brings home, the every few weeks we need to by something else or sell something else. Ahhh! no, sorry, I am not looking forward to it at all, and as you may see from the sound of this post, I am having a little bit of anxiety over it!

Leanbh 08-10-2012 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bear Family (Post 15527013)
Nope, I am not...not at all. However that could be because I am a wohm and it just adds a lot to my schedule when she is in school. I get up eraly and dh takes the kids after I leave, so I have to get everything packed and ready the night before. Lunches, bag, pick out school clothes, pack the diaper bag (for the baby who isnt in diapers, but that is what I am used to calling it.) Not to mention adding homework to all of this in the afternoon when I get home, the complaints, the metldowns over hours and hours of homework. The teacher who gets on my nerves, the influences that my daughter brings home, the every few weeks we need to by something else or sell something else. Ahhh! no, sorry, I am not looking forward to it at all, and as you may see from the sound of this post, I am having a little bit of anxiety over it!

I always say, I don't know how wohm do it re school. Lunches I do while making dinner the night before - as I'm messing up the place anyway! My kids pick their own clothes, I might guide them re temperature and if an outfit REALLY doesn't match.

Homework and dinner time is the hectic time. We do homework about 4pm(they get home at 3.30pm) or do it right away if they want to play with friends before dinner.

I tend to be very scheduled as otherwise it's just chaos with getting ready for school, and even then it can be crazy at times!

mommy2abigail 08-10-2012 03:56 PM

Yes!!! We homeschool, so my reasons may be different than for those who do outside school though.:giggle:

luvsviola 08-10-2012 04:04 PM

ME!!!!!!

I am a WOHM. But I am tired of hearing my daycare (grandma) complain about DD and DS fighting all day. DS needs the therapy he gets at school. DD needs to be with other kids and have some new activities/things to learn.

I love school! All 3 kids will be in different schools this year. Its going to be fun trying to keep track of 3 different school schedules plus the schedule for the 2 schools I teach in. That is 5 schools worth of activities!

paper_girl_76 08-10-2012 05:09 PM

yes!!! My ds has adhd and it has been a long summer. It will be me and my 3 yo until the baby gets here in Dec.

JennTheMomma 08-10-2012 06:20 PM

I am and we're homeschoolers. I like getting the fresh new school supplies and new books.

lookatreestar 08-10-2012 06:48 PM

Yes , we are homeschooling so I can't wait until our regular spots aren't so busy :)