Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Due In Dec (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=147)
-   -   Blargh. Bed rest. (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1430505)

Lacemonster 08-10-2012 03:48 PM

Blargh. Bed rest.

So yeah. I'm 21weeks now. Started having strange cramps and just weird feeling Tuesday night. I waited that out and was feeling better Wednesday morning. By about 3 in the afternoon it was all back so i called my doc. She said to head to the hospital for monitoring. So we get to triage and get hooked up to the monitor. Contractions every two minutes. Crap. They decide to give me fluids and do a pelvic exam. Three sticks, one blown vein, and a whole lot of pain later the iv is in (just thinking about ivs makes me cry, this was a bad time) They do the pelvic and it was the worst pain I've felt in a long long time. Anyhow, I'm not dilated at all and the contractions stopped after an hour or so. They found a bacterial infection so they gave me meds and sent me home to be on bed rest til my next appointment on Tuesday. Now I'm laying here going crazy because i feel terrible because i can't help my hubby out or play with my 4 year old. I'm having occasional contractions while laying down and constant ones if I'm standing. I know they're going to keep me on bed rest for the duration and that is terrifying. We will be broke if i can't work. I may lose my job because I haven't been there long enough to qualify for fmla. I can't afford to take my son to daycare/preschool if I'm not working. (I work at a college and he goes to the daycade there and loves it) The kid and the husband are going to go nuts. My hubby's not much of a cook so I'm going to be stuck eating frozen pizza 4 nights a week. I hate frozen pizza. Ech. I don't even want to talk about the anxiety I'm having over whether or not the baby will be ok. I'm just freaking out and need to vent, but I've been burdening my husband with it so much and he does not need the constant stress. Blech. This blows.

garness 08-10-2012 04:27 PM

Re: Blargh. Bed rest.

Try to relax and rest and see how things go for the next couple days until your appointment. Drink plenty of water, stay hydrated. Do you have family that can help with childcare?

Emmers22185 08-10-2012 04:31 PM

so sorry Mama... :hugs: I too would suggest trying to drink a ton of water and stay hydrated and get lots of rest.

Lacemonster 08-10-2012 04:58 PM

Oh I'm drinking water. I've always been a big water drinker. I usually get over 100 oz a day. I'm making sure I don't slack there. I'm resting as much as I can but it's so hard when the squirt is constantly wanting milk or a movie or for me to play shoot the robot or some other thing. My parents are going out of town for a week but when they get back my mom will come over a couple days a week to help with food and entertaining the kid.

I was on bed rest during my last pregnancy and i was miserable. That was nothing compared to this. Thanks for letting me spew all this.

my2sweets 08-10-2012 08:15 PM

So sorry mama :hugs:

charirosey 08-10-2012 10:15 PM

Im so sorry! Hopefully it was just the infection that was causing the contractions and it will stop soon once it goes away.

clatchford2011 08-12-2012 05:57 AM

-DDC-

I am sorry mama! Couldn't you do modified? if your child needs something or you can cook something in the crockpot? takes a minute to prep and stick in the pot. I am so rebellious I wouldn't be able to just stay in bed. but I am by all means not telling you do do that. ((hugs)) My thoughts are with you hun! I hear ya on the water. I drink a gallon a day (literally) and I still get contractions with cramps all day. I have deemed it normal now because I have been having them since 17weeks. I haven't dilated past .5cm with them so I figure they come with me being on the go all the time and him moving around too. Take it easy mama and put your feet up. I hope it gets better soon! (My body doesn't like to be pregnant past a certain point so I hope these contractions get serious come 37weeks.)

Lacemonster 08-15-2012 04:38 AM

Well thinga are not looking up. I saw my doc today (actually yesterday. I have not slept) She checked my cervix and it's still closed but softening. Tomorrow i get to start weekly progesterone injections (seems a bit late for that) and I'm on bed rest for the duration. I have to call my boss and tell her today and I'm scared. We've been on a three week break and are supposed to start back up friday. But my job is quite physical and there's no way i can continue working. Thank goodness we have savings. And now, after less than a week this is getting horribly painful. I've been up all night because my left leg from hip to knee hurts like nothing I've ever felt. I took tylenol and applied heat and I'm no linger squirming and whining, but it still hurts too much to sleep. Woo. Heres to 4 more months of this!

Happy note - this baby is kicking like crazy and my husband felt it for the first time yesterday.

charirosey 08-15-2012 08:30 PM

Sorry to hear that :-( I'm sure it's really tough to go through all that. sounds like with the leg/hip pain you could really use a chiropractic adjustment. Could be sciatica.

Ryder 08-16-2012 07:07 AM

I was on bed rest at 22wks with my first b/c of incompetent cervix. My cervix was less than 1 cm long when they found it on a routine u/s and fingertip dilated. They put a cerclage in for me but I was on bed rest the rest of my pregnancy. I got the worst aches and pains from just laying around. I remember how hard rolling over was during the end b/c of how sore all over I was. But it all ended up worth it in the end! I hope things continue to be smooth for you and baby keeps cooking for those next 4 months!