Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Canada (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=117)
-   -   Shipping Within Canada - Help! (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1430553)

My_Tree_Grows 08-10-2012 05:56 PM

Shipping Within Canada - Help!

I apologize because I know this has been asked, but I can't search on this thing and it's kind of urgent. Can anyone please give me the newbie version, step-by-step, of the cheapest way to ship 9 diapers within Canada (from Ontario to Manitoba)? Thank you very much for any help you can provide!

DillyDay 08-11-2012 07:19 AM

Re: Shipping Within Canada - Help!

ask at the post office? usually they are quite happy to give you estimates on how much shipping is. and what the cheapest way of shipping can be.

luvsgreen 08-11-2012 08:44 AM

If you go into pay pal, and put in all the measurement and weight of parcel you can get the estimates on there too. Just don't pay for it unless you want to use it to print a label. :thumbsup: I use pp to ship all the time and never had a problem.

Lagoon Baby 08-12-2012 12:39 AM

Plus pp shipping is cheaper than at the post office! :)

My_Tree_Grows 08-19-2012 11:21 AM

Thanks for your feedback. Is there an actual step-by-step process anywhere? I'm talking like 1. Vacuum seal diapers in a ziplock bag, 2. Slide into (x size) envelope, etc. I have never sent any type of package anywhere to anyone. I've only ever mailed letters. I don't even know where to get a box or a big enough envelope or how to weigh it or where to take it, nothing. :)

Kmayuk 09-13-2012 01:01 PM

I didn't know that pp was cheaper. Good to know. I have only sold individual diapers, but I have put in ziplock bag, squeezed out all the air and put in 9X12 envelope. Never costs more than 2.10 per diaper as it is sent lettermail.

alexaE 11-10-2012 08:29 PM

If you can get them in a tiny box all squished in, greyhound might be cheapest! And its super fast.

77Lipen 01-08-2013 06:53 PM

Who does Paypal get to ship? The regular post? Or another carrier?

kirst 01-10-2013 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kmayuk (Post 15677294)
I didn't know that pp was cheaper. Good to know. I have only sold individual diapers, but I have put in ziplock bag, squeezed out all the air and put in 9X12 envelope. Never costs more than 2.10 per diaper as it is sent lettermail.

I tried to send one diaper this way from Alberta to Ontario and the quote from Canada Post for cheapest method was $13.80, more than the value of the diaper! It has do with crossing provincial borders or not. So if you are in BC or AB, it is only worthwhile to ship as far as Sask, because after that there is a huge price hike.

This is why all the big companies with free shipping over $x amount offers use Purolator.

But yes, PP is cheaper and greyhound may be your best bet if you have 9 dipes to ship.

Huxley 02-17-2013 05:45 PM

I'm new to selling too. I have a bunch of pockets to sell. Is it worth selling online? What kind of envelope? Or box. I'm in the same boat as OP. I'm clueless. I don't want to list my diapers until I can figure out shipping.