Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Transaction & Feedback Discussion (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Worst eBay experience ever (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1430827)

sschmelzer 08-11-2012 04:40 PM

Worst eBay experience ever

So I buy and sell on eBay once a month or so. I have never had a bad experience on the selling or buying side until a few weeks ago and it's really bothering me. I bought a lot of bottles and they were listed as "perfect" condition. The seller had a note on his listing that he would not be able to ship for 10 days following the auction end. I was fine with that but then he didn't actually ship until another week after that so that was annoying ( also after all that time I also noted that I was grossly overcharged for shipping) but oh well things happen and no big deal. I opened the package and the bottles were no where near perfect. In fact they seemed dirty and kind of smelled and were also very discolored. I contacted the seller and he told me that if I didn't like them to send them back. So I did and sent them with DC. Waited 2 weeks and no refund. I contacted the seller and he told me he was on vacation and would process the refund when he returned 4 days later. Them he only refunded the purchase price and not my original shipping. When I asked him about it he told me he would not refund shipping because he believed they were fine and did not want to take a loss. I told him that that was unacceptable and he again told me he was not going to refund. I told him I was going to open a pp case for the shipping and he said "good luck". Well I won and got refunded my shipping. He then proceeded to send me rude nasty emails that were totally ridiculous. These have not stopped even though I don't respond. Do I contact eBay? Can try block him from being able to send me messages? Also in one of my emails he told me not to bid on another of his auctions. I thought that was pretty funny, like does he seriously think I would??

33andunder 08-11-2012 04:52 PM

Re: Worst eBay experience ever

Yes, contact ebay and let them know that you are being harassed. That is obviously not okay.

Hillargh 08-11-2012 04:54 PM

If you're overcharged for shipping, you can get a refund on the difference. He can only charge actual shipping cost and packaging supplies per eBay rules. So keep that in mind next time.

You can block him via your personal email I know. I'm not sure about eBay and such, though.

I would contact their customer service and provide the harassing messages. He should not be allowed to do that.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DS Forum

paper_girl_76 08-11-2012 05:19 PM

:hugs: I recently had a similar experience except that I filed a claim first since she told me she would not return the original shipping. Ebay gave me a "courtesy refund"...which means they didn't think she was at fault...and it didn't come out of her pocket.

I have been buying/selling on ebay for nearly 15? years and have never had a problem.

I_run_with_scissors 08-11-2012 05:43 PM

I would report him to ebay, save and forward his emails to them, his behavior is juvenile and not acceptable

Umm_Ibraheem 08-11-2012 08:48 PM

report him, that is unacceptable.

MamaJosie 08-11-2012 09:32 PM

I don't think they'll do anything. I'm STILL getting emails from someone from like 4 years ago. She bid on something, didn't read the description, got mad, wouldn't ship it back, filed with PP and they sided with me. She is STILL sending me nasty emails thought she's down to just 3 or 4 a year now. I've reported her to eBay and I get the "we take things very seriously" reply but that's it. I haven't reported her in the last year or so, maybe it's changed.

qberry 08-11-2012 10:14 PM

:yuck: This happened to me 5 years ago. Horrifying. The guy was relentless! :(

kalasin 08-13-2012 12:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MamaJosie
I don't think they'll do anything. I'm STILL getting emails from someone from like 4 years ago. She bid on something, didn't read the description, got mad, wouldn't ship it back, filed with PP and they sided with me. She is STILL sending me nasty emails thought she's down to just 3 or 4 a year now. I've reported her to eBay and I get the "we take things very seriously" reply but that's it. I haven't reported her in the last year or so, maybe it's changed.

Omg. Id be tracing her IP and filing formal charges.

MamaJosie 08-13-2012 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kalasin (Post 15536368)
Omg. Id be tracing her IP and filing formal charges.

I don't need t IP! I have all her info from eBay and PayPal. It got so bad for a while that I told her I was going to contact her local police dept. She didn't care. So I did and they told me to contact their Internet crimes guy who never called me back after several messages. Now the emails aren't as frequent so it's not as bad as it was. If she didn't live clear across the country I would have been scared, it was THAT bad!