Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Should I be concerned? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1430884)

emerino 08-11-2012 06:44 PM

Should I be concerned?

DD's stomach hurts. She hardly ate any dinner. Her stomach is really full looking and stiff...that is what worries me. DH has a stomach virus. Is it just that? I've never seen that symptom and I thought she already had the virus last weekend. She looks like she ate a huge meal but she probably had a few bites.

7 for now 08-11-2012 07:30 PM

I would definitely get a painful, rigid, distended abdomen looked at. Maybe call your ped but I am sure they will say take her to the ER to be evaluated.

Jen's_4 08-11-2012 07:30 PM

Re: Should I be concerned?

It may be the virus again. Does she have any other symptoms other than the pain/reduced eating? Is it possible that she is constipated? My Dad used to have constipation issues (sorry, TMI), and his stomach would look very full and he wouldn't really eat until he had a BM. Also, is it very localized pain? Like only on one side or something, or is it more general?

babylove921 08-11-2012 07:36 PM

Constipation was my thought. Is she complaining she is in pain?

dmp517 08-11-2012 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 7 for now (Post 15531899)
I would definitely get a painful, rigid, distended abdomen looked at. Maybe call your ped but I am sure they will say take her to the ER to be evaluated.

:yeahthat:

emerino 08-11-2012 08:15 PM

Thanks for the help. She vomited. And now her stomach is soft again. Two down. I hope the rest of us stay well! And I hope she doesn't miss her first day of Kindergarten Monday. :(

Jen's_4 08-11-2012 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by emerino (Post 15532066)
Thanks for the help. She vomited. And now her stomach is soft again. Two down. I hope the rest of us stay well! And I hope she doesn't miss her first day of Kindergarten Monday. :(

Well it totally stinks that she's sick, but at least you know what's going on now! Hope she feels better soon!

cristy_1996 08-12-2012 03:52 PM

Aww poor kiddo!!! My DS gets strep super easy and the only symptom he has usually is a sore tummy. (Not even a sore throat..). If it continues I would probably take her in just to be safe.

emerino 08-12-2012 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jen_batten

Well it totally stinks that she's sick, but at least you know what's going on now! Hope she feels better soon!

Quote:

Originally Posted by cristy_1996
Aww poor kiddo!!! My DS gets strep super easy and the only symptom he has usually is a sore tummy. (Not even a sore throat..). If it continues I would probably take her in just to be safe.

Thank you. She hasn't thrown up again. She didn't eat lunch but she ate all her dinner. So, it looks like we're good to go for first day of K tomorrow!!