Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Transaction & Feedback Discussion (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Question about a glitch in trade *8/20 UPDATE and Another Question* (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1431751)

jackobeano 08-13-2012 10:20 PM

Question about a glitch in trade *8/20 UPDATE and Another Question*

8/20- So I have now received the agreed upon replacement items and they look great, just as described. Oh and did not have to send back the shoes with is good but now what kind of feedback should I leave- none at all or neutral (I don't want to leave negative since in the end it worked out okay and definitely don't think positive is warranted). I'm kinda leaning towards neutral since it was so rocky when it was actually her mistake and I would hate for someone else to go through the same thing but she did finally come around. So what do you think is the appropriate feedback?

ANOTHER UPDATE IN POST #19

8/15 - UPDATE IN POST #13

So here's the deal, I had an awesome trade from a great and friendly mama. I receive my items and everything appears to be wonderful. However, I go to try on a pair of shoes included in the trade and they are too large :headscratch: I look at the size and they not the size they are suppose to be. I would have never got them since I already have a pair of these brand shoes and would have known these would be too big if the mama had told me the correct size :( I let the mama know and she responded saying she could have sworn they were the size she said as she looked at the size on all the shoes she sent me pictures of and asked if I had tried them on (I did that's how I thought to even check the size since they were too large). She also said that maybe I could trade them to someone else. The problem with this is I may or may not (probably not at least not for awhile) be able to trade them and I already traded $30 worth of my stuff to get these shoes that I'm really not going to be able to wear comfortably :( Oh and I did send her a picture of the size tag just to assure her that they are indeed the larger size so she didn't think I was trying to put one over on her. I suggested maybe sending another pair of shoes (if she happens to have any I can use) in the correct size or possibly something else as a replacement for the value of the shoes. She hasn't responded yet but what should I do now?

Mamaleah 08-13-2012 10:34 PM

Re: Question about a glitch in trade

If she can't trade a different pair of shoes, I would just return all the traded items both ways. Or just return the shoes and she pay you for the items you sent her.

5PrincessMommy 08-13-2012 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mamaleah (Post 15541002)
If she can't trade a different pair of shoes, I would just return all the traded items both ways. Or just return the shoes and she pay you for the items you sent her.

I agree with this. It's her fault, not yours

Sweet_Fantasy_Fox 08-13-2012 11:04 PM

You all can trade back-untrade. If you need help, pm a mod or admin. I will not be around tomorrow but you can pm another team member.

jackobeano 08-13-2012 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet_Fantasy_Fox (Post 15541081)
You all can trade back-untrade. If you need help, pm a mod or admin. I will not be around tomorrow but you can pm another team member.

Thank you, I will keep this in mind but think I'll at least see what she says when she PMs me back after my last message. Also, the other items I got from her in the trade are items that I really want/need and I don't want to have to send everything back, maybe we can just trade back the shoes for $30 worth of my items if she can't replace the shoes with another pair or something else of the same worth? Although this would stink too because then I would be out another $5 to ship the shoes back to her :(

jackobeano 08-14-2012 02:12 PM

She messaged me back and is willing to send replacement items to make up for the value of the shoes if I send them back. But than like I said I'll be out the additional $5 to ship them back to her. If it was me I would either pay to have them sent back to me or just allow the mama to keep them and trade or whatever with them just for the hassle of everything. Doesn't it seem fair that she pay to ship since I'm not the one who is at fault. She really is a nice mama and I'm sure it was an innocent mistake but still nothing I could control on my end so I feel she should be the one to make this right without me being out more paypal which is super limited right now. I mainly use it only for things we really need or to ship trades.

expaik 08-14-2012 02:14 PM

If you are averse to coming straight out and asking her to pay for return shipping, maybe you can suggest that she send something extra in her package to make up for it.

jackobeano 08-14-2012 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by expaik (Post 15543538)
If you are averse to coming straight out and asking her to pay for return shipping, maybe you can suggest that she send something extra in her package to make up for it.

I actually did request she pay for return shipping but she suggested adding a little extra to make up for the shipping. Which I'll admit is nice but I just don't want to have to spend anymore in paypal on this trade. Plus $5 worth of items is hardly anything but the $5 in paypal could pay shipping on a whole other trade for me. This is just frustrating all around especially since there is nothing I could have done to prevent having to go through this :(

expaik 08-14-2012 02:38 PM

Well, here's where you need to decide whether you're just willing to let the small things go - i.e. swallow a little loss - for the sake of peace and goodwill.

I think technically you are entitled to demand that she pay return shipping.

But if you can work it out such that she can send you enough to make up for the $5 shipping, I personally would do it. In the spirit of "we're all in this together." You're saying the $5 could be put to another trade, but here you have a mama offering to add more stuff into your package, for that same $5, so in the end isn't it all the same? Especially if the items she is offering are things you are ISO anyway..

kaia.aline 08-14-2012 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by expaik

I think technically you are entitled to demand that she pay return shipping...

but can you really? I mean if this was a purchase and you were getting a refund you would be out return shipping so can you demand return shipping in a trade?