Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Due In Oct (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=145)
-   -   Is everyone getting ready!?! (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1431903)

dannic 08-14-2012 11:40 AM

Is everyone getting ready!?!

I have my last prenatal payment to make tomorrow; yay that!
I am getting my list of supplies and the info to order my birth kit at my prenatal tomorrow.

I ordered the carseat and a new mattress cover for my bed; I delayed ordering the birth pool, but probably ought to...just can't decide. I had a water birth with my third, but in spite of having the pool set up, I didn't even get in with my last birth. Still, it's probably good to have just in case. And the kids got a pool out of it, lol.:giggle: Okay, I talked myself into it, hee.

My biggest problem is that I dont' want to spend my money on birth supplies...I want to spend it on dipes! AHHHHH!!! Tell me to run away!

I also ordered a journal for baby...I don't scrapbook anymore and I like to write, so I bought a cute blue leather journal with a dragon fly embossed on it to write my thoughts and our experiences.

I also have a honey do list on the fridge of things we need to have done before the middle of Sept. Stock up on a few groceries, clean out the car really well, get rid of a bit of clutter still hanging around, wash baby clothes, ect. ect.

So, what are you doing to get ready? Or are you ready, already?

photocowgirl 08-14-2012 12:42 PM

Re: Is everyone getting ready!?!

Good luck with your home birth - sounds like you almost have everything ready!

I have a bit more knitting to finish, more stuff to clear out of the nursery and a list of stuff for dh to fix:)... We have our prenatal paid off too - yea! And most of our copay saved up as long we can get through this month - 2 bdays, preschool tuition, and super high electric bill (preggers needs her a/c)... Also we had to buy a new washer yesterday bc the old one went out - excited about a new washer, but not another bill:( I think we have everything we need for baby tho which is nice.

dannic 08-14-2012 05:59 PM

I would love a new washer! But would hate to have to buy one now, too...
I know how it goes with birthdays...September is our insane month with 3 just in our home and also FIL, a sister, two nieces--don't even get me started on extended family!
I am so warraing in my mind; a part of me would love to go early again (I had never done that before and it was such a surreal feeling--like I had cheated or something, lol.), but then that would land us in constant-birthday-month...and a part of me would like to wait til Oct...but then I'd have to wait til October, heh. I suppose it's a good thing the baby decides for me, eh?:blush:

MomdeIsla 08-15-2012 09:28 AM

I still have a lot to do.

Today I'm cleaning (first day of school/ mother's day out where both kids are not here) vacuuming/ dusting ect.

I need to reorganize DD room, buy more bins for her shelves, ect

Tagging all my boy clothing to go to consignment (ummm newborn to size 5 so it's a ton of stuff) plus some household stuff they will take.....plus general housework that I do all the time but have neglected a bit this summer.

I can't wait to get all the consignment suff out of the baby's room....maybe then I will feel the need to finish a canvas for her, and sew her dedication outfit....then there's always fall costumes, and fall sewing for DD to work on.......thank goodness I'm done sewing newborn diapers at least! Ah and I have a sweater/ hat combo to finish knitting for the baby.

Rainfall 08-15-2012 05:17 PM

Uh yeah, I'm totally not prepared yet. I need as long as I can get! But since this is my 4th, I kinda know that not much really needs to be done ahead of time. Carseat in the van before we go home and a load of laundry/dipes done so baby has something to wear. Oh, my hospital bag and pillow for sure. ;)

I just started another nesting phase (finally) over the weekend and am focused on house stuff - organizing our master closet, moving things to storage that's cluttering up the upstairs, filing the giant stack of papers/receipts that's stacked up, and FINALLY getting my DD and DS2's baby books updated. :blush:

NurseJessie 08-15-2012 08:05 PM

I'm kind of halfway there! His room is still full of junk that DH needs to sort through. We installed the carseat last week though, that seemed like a big deal! His cradle is ready, I've washed the clothes and NB diapers that we have so far, but we still have a lot to do.

boekesec 08-16-2012 12:03 PM

Don't really have much that I *need* to do...Diapers are washed and put away, baby's room set up (although that was easy because I didn't change anything after DD moved out...just put the crib mattress up at the higher level), clothes washed and put away. Other than that, there are things I would *like* to do - a few projects around the house, some serious deep cleaning since I have woefully neglected household cleaning this summer, and making freezer meals for post-baby. But it would be okay if that stuff didn't get done too. So I would be okay with baby coming just a little early :)