Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Breastfeeding Support (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Anyone use Lily Padz??? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1431913)

3GirlieMommy 08-14-2012 11:51 AM

Anyone use Lily Padz???

I just came across something about these... Do they work? Do they decrease milk production in any way? I am prone to leakage and have nursing pads that almost always show under my clothes...:blush:

mariamommy 08-14-2012 01:33 PM

They don't work, IMO. The stickiness wears off. They work simply by pressing your nipple in so milk doesn't drip out. They don't affect milk supply either. They worked the first few times I used then but not much after that, even after following the washing instructions. I have a super strong letdown, that is probably why.

macs'mama 08-14-2012 03:11 PM

Re: Anyone use Lily Padz???

They worked well for me...it was a few years ago so I don't remember how exactly I took care of them, but I was having a big problem with leaking and nursing pads too.

juliasmom 08-14-2012 05:53 PM

My LC doesnt like them. She says they can cause thrush because they stop air flow, and mastitis by completely preventing leakage. I am sure occasional use wont hurt, but not all the time.

kate-nicole 08-14-2012 06:00 PM

I didn't like them. I when I tried then I didn't leaks much and I would have a pool in them when I took them off. And it kind of hurt to take off.

Mamma527 08-14-2012 06:20 PM

I used them with both my boys. I really liked them. After a few months they do loose their stickiness, but I think I used two pairs for each year of breastfeeding. I only used them when I went back to work at 12 weeks. I just washed them with dawn when I took them off and then let them air dry. When you start using them you will get some milk pooling, but hat stops after a few days of usage.

3GirlieMommy 08-14-2012 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by juliasmom (Post 15544390)
My LC doesnt like them. She says they can cause thrush because they stop air flow, and mastitis by completely preventing leakage. I am sure occasional use wont hurt, but not all the time.

That is what I was thinking... if it is silicone and doesn't breathe, wouldn't that be unhealthy?

BCsMom 08-14-2012 08:33 PM

I've been using them for almost three months now and like them. I have to wash them every night or they do get a little...ripe. But they don't show under clothes and I don't leak through them. If they're not tight, making sure the nipple is pushed in, I will get the pooling of milk. I just try to have a rag ready when I release the milk and it's fine. That has happened less over the time I've been wearing them.

I do not wear them at night or when exercising, so I think my nipples get some air then!

trying4more 08-14-2012 11:23 PM

I wore them to bed because I hated wearing bras to bed! No thrush and no blogged ducts! I wore cotton pads during the day!

KatrinaLoves 08-14-2012 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trying4more
I wore them to bed because I hated wearing bras to bed! No thrush and no blogged ducts! I wore cotton pads during the day!

Ditto. I don't wear them regularly, but they're nice for this. My mom did dishes recently and (because I had set them aside with pump parts to wash), she put them in the dishwasher and they don't stick well anymore. :-(