Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Due In Sept (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=144)
-   -   breech (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1432050)

howmanykids 08-14-2012 05:35 PM

breech

Anyone else's LOs breech? Mine just won't flip, and with all of the preterm contractions, it just makes me nervous that she wont flip in time! 34 weeks tomorrow, and my last babe was born 34 weeks, 3 days. I'm going to a webster chiro, and so far all it has landed me with was contractions :(

yankeesundbound 08-14-2012 06:03 PM

Re: breech

I'm 35 weeks and 2 days, and lo is still breech. OB is talking about a version, but I might not be a good candidate and I'm nervous about letting them because of my history.

erlyjo 08-14-2012 06:06 PM

I've heard babies can flip even during labor. My neighbor was just telling me that her baby flipped 3 days before she went into labor. There's still plenty of time.

tesslouise 08-14-2012 07:27 PM

I'm in the same boat. I'm 36w3d. I've been seeing one chiropactor, I see a new one tomorrow, my midwife tried to move baby gently today but no luck. If tomorrow's chiropactor can't help, then we schedule a version. If THAT doesn't work, I change care providers AGAIN to an OB who does vaginal breech births, or else I schedule a c-section (depending on what she recommends). This sucks.

ALNaturMom 08-15-2012 11:25 AM

My OB's nurse was telling me that one of hers was breech. They checked again the day before her cs, and baby was still breech. She went in and had her cs, and her OB told her the baby had flipped head down!

littlemsmom 08-15-2012 12:20 PM

I would look into spinning babies.

My guy was breech from 24 weeks till 32 weeks.

ashley84 08-16-2012 02:01 PM

Definitely check out the spinning babies website. This LO flipped early and has stayed head down. My DS was another story though. Swimming can have wonderful effects. Acupuncturists have a few tricks up their sleeves too. GL!

If you're in question, hiccups are an easy way to tell if your baby is head down or not. The hiccups will be down low, even on top of your cervix when the baby is head down. If you feel the hiccups primarily anywhere else, your baby is breech of transverse.

Christina 08-16-2012 10:45 PM

ddc - My lo was breech up until week 39. In fact I was scheduled for a c-section and at my pre-op appt the day before my section when they decided to go ahead and do an ultrasound that day. Lo and behold she had flipped and was head down the day before my section at 39 weeks! So it can and does happen! I did the chiro thing and alot of exercises from spinningbabies. My little girl was born last week via the vaginal birth I wanted.
I hope all of your babies flip for you! I just wanted to give you hope that they can wait until the last minute

el's mama 08-18-2012 02:52 AM

UGH! ME! I'm 34 weeks also. DD was breech until 37? weeks. I went in for my version and she was head down. My MW isn't worried yet because I have so much amniotic fluid that she said he'll likely be easy to turn. I hope it doesn't come to that though. If he stays breech, I'll be looking for a new MW (mine won't deliver breech babies). I'm not having a c-section.

yankeesundbound 08-21-2012 09:35 AM

I'm 36w and 2 days, and lo turned sometime in the past week without me noticing and has dropped.