Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Moms of Many or Multiples (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=181)
-   -   Just how "many" is many? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1432083)

BeccaSueCongdon 08-14-2012 06:07 PM

Just how "many" is many?

How many children do you need to have (or want?) to fall in this category? Right now I only have 2 (4 yo boy and 1 yo girl) but want more. My dh's dad is one of 14! And of the 14 siblings, their own family sizes range from 5 kids to 10 and counting. :-)

alyssa&rylan's-mommy 08-15-2012 08:53 AM

Re: Just how "many" is many?

I asked this question here a while ago, and the most common answer is 4, because then you don't fit in a normal family car anymore! LOL

Fashionably Green Baby 08-15-2012 08:57 AM

I have 3 and don't feel like a large family. I feel like a normal sized family. I would LOVE to have 2 more but may not get any more :cry: and then I would feel like that would be many. I NEVER thought I would want a large family but now I ache for one.

thekuligs 08-15-2012 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alyssa&rylan's-mommy (Post 15546775)
I asked this question here a while ago, and the most common answer is 4, because then you don't fit in a normal family car anymore! LOL

LOL that IS a good answer.

OP My parents were both from larger familes too--my dad is one of 11 and my mom is one of 7. They only had 2 kids and my inlaws were both from large families but only had 3--guess it skipped a generation for us :thumbsup:

SaraElise 08-15-2012 04:08 PM

I only have 3 which I don't feel is a large family at all, but I aspire to have more ;)

I am one of 5 and my husband is one of 10, so I still feel like I am part of a large family even if we don't have "many" children yet!

cbusbaby 08-21-2012 04:07 PM

my dh has 5 siblings and i have 4, and we both feel like we come from normal-sized families. most people think those numbers are big, though! i post on this board even though we have 1 baby (on the way) because we hope to have as many as God sees fit! :)

mama2alot 08-24-2012 10:26 PM

I have 9, soon to be 10 kids. Even though I know we are a large family, it does not feel large to me, but I look at people with 6 or more kids and think "wow! They have a large family".

I think any family with 6 or more kids as large. You can no longer fit in most minivans, and may have to go to a "mega van" as my kids call it.

Teachere 08-25-2012 04:57 PM

I have 3 and coming fom California, I felt like that was 1 more than the norm. Every packaged family special, hotel room, cruise ship rooms, most tables are made for a family of four. My family of five is definitely harder to do activities or travel. I would change it for anything, though, I love my family!

foodie.yarnie.mommie. 08-25-2012 05:04 PM

I think 5 or more is large. ;)

stephcrouse 08-25-2012 07:57 PM

I think 4+. I didn't feel like our family was large when we had three kids, but now with our fourth in tow I feel like we are many. :)