Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Due In Aug (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=143)
-   -   August 13th weekly chat (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1432102)

chach4 08-14-2012 06:59 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Thought id start a new week...

Dh is having quality time with de this evening so I can do some sewing. Made my sis a tank for her wedding shower/bachelorette party that says her new married name, and made the below for baby. Not that we know its a girl or boy, but just in case. I already had the onsie and the skirt was on clearance at old navy for 1.97. So this would be our going home outfit if its a girl... Now to START making the quilt. This is going to take a while....

Who is going to have their baby this week?....predictions?

BLargy 08-14-2012 09:39 PM

I am...induction scheduled for Friday at 11 central. I am at 4cm and 75%. Hospital moves locations next week so it was when they had open.....and its still a bump spot. Very disheartened want to be done but wanted my body to do it. I know I could wait but there are no spots and my due date already was technically pushed to give me more time. If I do it after next week it would be an extra month. Yes that is a possibility because my mom never went into natural labor with her 5. 10lbers with the overbaked red raw skin.
So much more going on this week but I don't want to talk about it now.

bohemianxchaos 08-15-2012 05:21 AM

Re: August 13th weekly chat

:hugs: BLargy!

We took a massive walk yesterday, I had some streaks of show, and a evening/night of contractions, but I'm awake without a newborn this morning so I guess that settles that. It's weird for me to be pregnant "this long" because I usually go early. I keep laying in bed wondering now if somehow I got dates wrong, but I did have a dating u/s at 18 weeks to measure the brain/heart/etc and everything was right on target then so I can't have been too far off.

Oh, well. Got more elastic yesterday so I can keep working on my newborn diapers that are taking forever. Gotta give the dog a bath and vacuum today. Maybe that'll shift the baby into go-mode. Haha.

1healthylady 08-15-2012 05:38 AM

Teaching Enhancement Symposium is done! We had a very successful event yesterday. About 270 faculty, staff and grad students attended. And my boss successfully made my face match the color of my bright red shirt in front of them all by thanking me for not going into labor and telling the story of how I scared her Monday by saying I was 'ready.' She thought I meant for the baby, I was just ready for the event. But that's done, and baby is now allowed to arrive. Although I have plenty of other work to do while I wait. Send out 400 scholarship letters, prepare for 500 incoming freshman on Monday, etc. :) I am glad I'm busy though and not twiddling my thumbs waiting for this LO to arrive. I have plenty to distract me!

Hugs to you blargy. I hope your LO decides its ready before your induction appt. Think happy thoughts and keep talking to your baby to let it know its time.

Sent from my Android using DS Forum

chach4 08-15-2012 07:31 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Ok so I've been a MACHINE tonight. Made this quilt and "lovey" in a few hrs tonight. Suprised myself how fast it went. Also made this bear rug for my sons room. Also vacumed and mopped the whole house and washed 2 sets of wood stairs, banisters and baseboards, washed all bottles and pump supplies, among other cleaning, dishes, laundry.. this nesting thing... I wish I had urges like this ALL the time!.

momomom 08-16-2012 10:45 AM

Too cute, chach4! BTW, wtheck is your real name???

1healthylady 08-16-2012 10:54 AM

chach - you have been busy! I need to learn how to quilt. One of these days. Your DH's interview is today, right? Hope everything goes well! What is meant to be will be.

Still trucking along at work and still lots on my to do list here. I get the 'baby check' every morning. One of the ladies stops by my desk to make sure I'm still here. lol. At home I'm just trying to keep up with everything. I really don't want to get too far behind on things like laundry and dishes, sweeping, etc. I have to take one of the dogs to the vet this Saturday. She's fine, but needs to have the annual exam and paradite check so I can keep getting her heartworm medicine. I've been feeling crampy a lot the last couple days. It's just a constant dull achy cramp, like PMS. I'm trying to stay hydrated, but I can't seem to get enough water in me. And then I feel bad cause someone has to cover the front desk every hour so I can pee. Not too much longer.It's so hard to believe I could have a baby any day now! It really has just crept up on me.

chach4 08-16-2012 11:47 AM

My real name is Rachel. Chach is a nickname I've had since grade school.
Yep dh JUST left for interview. I prey he gets it, but it will mean lots of changes for us. He could commute for a yr, but its 72 miles one way so we would have to move eventually if it is something he sticks with.

1 healthy lady-, I used to work in the corporate world before I quit almost a yr ago to stay home. I sure wouldn't want to be back there right now. Some associates were idiots too and complained about how I was away from my desk too much (i pumped twice a day. BUT I used break and lunch time, AND I came in early every day, so they had NOTHING to complain about. But I sure don't miss all that bologna). Sounds like u like your job though and work with nice people?
How long will u get off for maternity leave?

momomom 08-16-2012 12:37 PM

O, chach is a neat nickname for Rachel! Yes, will pray for your dh's interview!

mama2seth&trey 08-16-2012 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by momomom (Post 15552673)
O, chach is a neat nickname for Rachel! Yes, will pray for your dh's interview!

Chach is a neat nickname for Rachel, I just get called Rach but only by my sister and a few close others.