Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Transaction & Feedback Discussion (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   How would you deal with this? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1432205)

mom24munchkins 08-14-2012 11:06 PM

How would you deal with this?

So I got a custom from a wahm I "liked" on facebook. I was super excited and ADORE the print. Ds cannot tolerate fitteds but I love them so I asked for a pocket fitted to try out. The turn around time was 1-2 weeks THEN ship time. I paid her on 7/16/12. On 8/6 she updated her facebook saying she was waiting on a material, which wasnt needed for my diaper if it would have been done as it was ordered, and I asked if my diaper was still in the works or if it was being shipped. She replied that she was waiting for said material and would get it out asap then realized her error in style (she created a fitted and I ordered a pocket style). Here is my issue. On the sixth she said she could convert it to a pocket because she didnt have anymore of the fabric, which I REALLY want. Fast forward to today. I messaged her regarding it and was told that it was finished. She said she would send me pictures in the morning and that she cut a hole in the minky (its half minky half cotton outer and all minky inner, or rather its SUPPOSED to be) because that was the only way that she could think of to convert it. It also has the snaps in on the rear that would have been for a snap in soaker had it been a fitted. NOW here is my issue. I paid decent money for this diaper, for me its alot. Because I REALLY want the print and I like supporting wahms. My issue now is that I feel like I am getting super seconds quality at NO fault of my own. I was never ever informed of anything by the wahm until I messaged her. I feel that a partial refund is in order but I'm not sure how to approach it without coming off as rude and witchy. I dont like screwing people over, I just dont, but I dont like being screwed over either. SO...wwyd?

booty hunter 08-15-2012 05:46 AM

Re: How would you deal with this?

I am not a wahm but I do sew tons of diapers and converting a fitted to a pocket shouldn't require cutting holes. It would take awhile but she should seam rip it and fix it not cut holes and snaps can be taken off,I can't imagine sending someone a diaper with snaps that don't serve a purpose. Maybe it sounds worse than it is,but after you get the picture if you aren't happy I would let her know. Between the poor communication and not making the right diaper it sounds like she needs to work on her customer service.

TeachinAuntie 08-15-2012 06:33 AM

What print is it? Maybe we can help you find a diaper like that (or a WAHM to make one)

If she hasn't shipped & it is as bad as it sounds, I'd just ask for a FULL refund.

paper_girl_76 08-15-2012 07:42 AM

I was thinking that I wouldn't even want it either...I would ask for a full refund as well.

I_run_with_scissors 08-15-2012 07:50 AM

I would ask her to remake the diaper properly in the style you ordered, and if for whatever strange reason that was not possible id want a full refund

MadeofStarStuff 08-15-2012 07:54 AM

I would write her something like this:
"I appreciate the work you have put into the diaper, however, my expectation was for a first quality product. I understand that mistakes happen, but I am not comfortable with the imperfections you have described and would appreciate it if you would fix them (and a reasonable date this can be accomplished by) or a full refund. Please let me know which would be the best option for you."

tygr2410 08-15-2012 07:56 AM

yes to all above:thumbsup:

plus if you do get this one, you prob won't use it b/c you'll just be reminded it wasn't you wanted and it's flawed

qsefthuko 08-15-2012 07:58 AM

I agree with a FULL refund. I wouldn't keep a diaper with extra snaps on for no reason. I also sew. Although I have never made a pocket diaper I don't see why she didn't seem rip and make it properly. I don't give away let alone sell substandard work.

mom24munchkins 08-15-2012 08:32 AM

Thanks for the input, I pretty much knew it was acceptable but I HATE being a pain. Especially with a wahm, I know how hard it is to find time to do anything when you have kids and I'm typically super duper forgiving but at this point its gone on to long. The diaper is a peanuts comic style print. My big kids are so insanely totally into peanuts and they all have matching t shirts, when I saw the fabric I HAD to have it for pictures. I hate the idea of a seconds quality and know I wont reach for it near as much but they all thought it was so cool that I just ignored the crazyness of the custom. The non functional snap is annoying to me but anyone who doesnt cd or hasnt seem the inside wont even realize they are functional...kwim? I am typically fine with confrontation but I love working with wahms, I love knowing the money I spend goes into a nice moms pocket. And this wahm is a super nice person, which makes it even worse :( I just noticed that someone on her facebook has been inquired about an item for like 6+ weeks and has been getting told it would go out on XX-XX date and it still hasnt gone out :( At this point I'm slightly concerned that paypal wouldnt even side with me if I were to file a claim if she refuses to ship or refund :( uuuuugh!

Hillargh 08-15-2012 09:48 AM

You're within your 45 days. PayPal would refund you if she doesn't ship.

If she agrees to remake it, DEFINITELY ask her to refund and repay because her turn around time will not be within your 45 day window. Then you would have no recourse.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DS Forum