Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Due In Feb (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=151)
-   -   weight gain (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1432247)

rachaeljohnson 08-15-2012 06:34 AM

weight gain

I always say I am not going to worry about weight gain but man, it's hard.

I think I have gained 3-4 lbs and am almost 13 weeks. I know 2-5 or whatever in the first trimester is "normal" but i feel like it's so much more than everyone else. It is so hard to control your eating when it's all you can do to not barf. Gah.

With lor i gained 34lbs (but 8 in the first trimester) and it took me FOREVER to lose the freaking weight (over a year). I started at 140 this time.

With michael i gained 24ish and was a few lbs above pre pregnancy weight the next day. I started at 150 this time.

This time i started at 131 so i probably need to gain more weight...why is that so hard to accept?

GAH just had to vent.

lolson3 08-15-2012 08:42 AM

Re: weight gain

It sounds like you are right on track and doing fine. I think "normal" is anything around 30. Some gain less, some gain more, so you can't really compare yourself to other people. I personally never worry about my weight, but I gain around 25-30 (probably closer to 30.) I drop down to within 10 lbs of my pre pregnancy weight within a week after birth, but those last 10 lbs haunt me for 6-9 months. Nothing fits, nothing looks right and my body just looks lumpy. Unfortunately I think it is healthy, so I think I will do what I always do and gain about 30 lbs.

brookglen 08-15-2012 09:20 AM

Worry not, I gain a ton of weight in the first trimester. Like I'm fairly certain I'm already 8-10 pounds up at about 15 weeks. I don't really know why exactly. I eat to stave of nausea for the first 14 weeks, but I certainly don't stuff my face with Oreos all day or anything. Anyway, it evened out with Brooklyn and I gained about 35 pounds. This time I'd love to keep it under 30, because yes, it is ridiculously hard to lose the weight after. I can only imagine it'll be twice as hard with two kids to tote around.

rachaeljohnson 08-15-2012 11:20 AM

brookglen0 i hope it's easier for you with number 2 like it was for me.

Thanks ladies...i guess i am on track and yes i have never gained over 35 so i shouldn't worry, but i swear i always hear women say they gained 7lbs the whole pregnancy and it makes me feel weird, although i too am not biging on oreos so i shouldn't worry.

MrsS 08-15-2012 11:35 AM

I'm not skinny, not huge but def. not skinny and I always gain 25lbs. I tend to not be able to lose the last 10 easily...until I wean. That makes me sad. Funny though I lost 20lbs while my husband was gone for work he came back and DIDN'T NOTICE!!! Seriously....he didn't care and didn't notice. Everyone else did. Even his family. So I'm not sure what to think but thankfully he doesn't mind me with 15lbs extra after baby's are born. So I shouldn't worry. Sure it bothers me but at least it doesn't bother him.

I lost the extra weight only to get pregnant with this baby less than a month later. I guess I was feeling a little too good about my body. Haha.

The Fancy Pansy 08-15-2012 11:49 AM

Oh, man. I gained 65 pounds with dd1 and 60 with dd2. I had just finally gotten down to within 5 pounds of my original weight after feeling like a whale for 5 years. My main goal in this pregnancy is to stay in the 25 to 35 pound recommended weight gain. So far I've been too sick to gain weight.

newtocloth2 08-15-2012 12:19 PM

I've gained 4 lbs. so far, and with my other two gained around 30 total, so expecting to do that again. I also don't lose the weight very fast, usually the last 5-10 lbs. don't drop until I've weaned.

MrsLovewell 08-15-2012 12:43 PM

With my son (first pregnancy) I started at 152, lost 5 lbs in the first trimester because I didn't want to eat anything; gained 40lbs, my last weigh-in before birth was 192lbs. Within 2 weeks after giving birth I lost 20 lbs (almost all of which was water weight, I swelled up like a balloon while I was pregnant with him :/ although 8 1/2 lbs of that was my son :giggle:)

This time around (2nd pregnancy) I started at the same weight, 152 (it took me from the time I gave birth until the time I got pregnant again to lose all the weight from my son - about 19 months). I lost 5 lbs in the 1st trimester for the same reason as before. I'm currently 15 weeks and I'm now at 155lbs already. My belly button is already starting to poke out...I don't remember that happening with my son until around 5 or 6 months :headscratch: I haven't had an ultrasound yet, but I'm wondering if I'm pregnant with twins this time...my uterus seems huge already.

almostcrunchy 08-15-2012 02:08 PM

We don't own a scale, but I *think* I've gained around 5 lbs (I'm 14 weeks).

This is my 4th and with the other 3 I always gained 25-30lbs and lost it all by about 6 weeks pp. So I'm lucky in that respect.

rachaeljohnson 08-15-2012 02:27 PM

how come most of what i read says 2-4 in the first trimester if most of us are gaining 3-5 (aside from people who can't eat with sickness)? I gained non until 20 weeks with michael but had zero morning sickness.