Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   SO if you failed the 1 hour GTT - update in 30 (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1432479)

Joyful Tie Dyes 08-15-2012 04:56 PM

SO if you failed the 1 hour GTT - update in 30

What was your 'score'? And did you pass the 3 hour?

Melmonkey 08-15-2012 05:25 PM

Re: SO if you failed the 1 hour GTT

With Claire's pregnancy I went straight to diabetic classes.......no 3 hour test for me, I got met and a meter, ended up on insulin at night it was that crazy:banghead:

Hopefully this pregnancy will not have to deal with that issue, I have enough to worry about with UC possibly flaring

kaia.aline 08-15-2012 05:27 PM

I failed my 1 hr by a lot, my score was like 161 when the fail was anything over 140? But I passed the 3 hr

happysmileylady 08-15-2012 05:29 PM

I failed the 1 hr with a # of 179, but I passed my 3 hr.

Shimpie 08-15-2012 05:35 PM

I failed the 1hr. Can't remember my score, but I didn't fail by much. I think I overindulged in Claim Jumper's Mother Lode chocolate cake the night before my test. Passed the 3 hour just fine.

eco-mum 08-15-2012 06:15 PM

I failed the first and then took the 3 hour and my blood sample somehow got ruined? So they said I needed to retake it but I refused and just got a meter and charted for a couple of weeks (I knew I didn't have gd so I wasn't very concerned about it)

The3LittleBerkhs 08-15-2012 06:17 PM

With my second child I failed the 1 hour, probably not by much, but passed the 3 hour.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using DS Forum

Sarah-B 08-15-2012 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by avahsmomma
With my second child I failed the 1 hour, probably not by much, but passed the 3 hour.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using DS Forum

This happened to me too :)
Don't worry it will be okay

crunchymom2b 08-15-2012 06:29 PM

I didn't technically fail but with my results plus my AFI I was borderline. My screening test was 134 and my AFI was a 7.7. The cut offs were 135 and 8 I believe.

I also had some candy on the way to my test which upped it IMO. I wish they would just give everyone a meter or something like that, bombarding a body with that much sugar in such a short time frame is not healthy. not at all.

Michelle_M 08-15-2012 06:41 PM

I failed my 1hr, I don't remember how badly, but my midwife decided to just skip the 3 hour and "call it." I think she did it in part because of how difficult my veins are to stick.

So, I got a glucometer and was told to test in the morning and then before and after each meal to keep track of my sugars. I've learned which foods trigger a high blood sugar spike, and which foods don't really affect me at all.

So... I don't really worry about it. I just needed to cut out a few extra carbs, add a little more protein, and learn which foods "trigger" me. I honestly didn't have to change my diet that much.

God bless!