Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Due In Aug (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=143)
-   -   Nervous about #2... (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1432533)

thekuan 08-15-2012 08:11 PM

Nervous about #2...

I hit 38 weeks tomorrow, and go in for a mw visit. I'm dreading the internal check. I don't like the cramping the ensues.

It's hard not to get into your own head about your l&d.

DD #1 was 11 days past EDD and was posterior. 23 hours of labor. Water broke about 4 hours before delivery at the birth center. Didn't have any bad contractions til the real things started.

Now, at 38 weeks, I still am only having BH contractions, but baby is head down and WAY down. And for some reason, the biggest fears that I have are waters breaking in a public place and pooping on the MW. Somehow, I got away with not doing that during labor at all last time.

But it's NERVE WRACKING being this close to due date and not knowing when the baby will come. I guess it's good, though, since we're still not 100% decided on names. We are way better at naming boys than girls, apparently. So I guess it had better be a boy.

Oh, except that we still don't know where we stand with circumcision. :bang head: So in that regard I hope it's a girl. She will just be nameless.

I don't remember being this worried about things with baby 1. Does anyone else feel this way, or am I just being super hormonal? That is definitely a possibility.

bohemianxchaos 08-16-2012 05:38 AM

Re: Nervous about #2...

Aw, mama, you can skip that internal if you want. It's as easy as saying "nothankyou!". I'll be 39 tomorrow and aside from the Group B swab, I've had no hands near me ;)

Just try to relax and take things one day at a time. YOu can't control anything more than that, and stressing isn't helping you. :hugs:

rosenfried2 08-16-2012 06:05 AM

Ddc I was the same way and I actually went into labor and then it stalled out for a week because I was so stressed out. Then everything happened as it should at 40+5 with only a 2 hr 12 min labor here at home and it was perfect. I had one check in office .. Took a major Crap right before labor kicked in and then did not have any worries if I pooped at all during labor because I was concentrating on my sweet baby (another team green turned pink!) it was a water birth, granted, but I didn't even think about it. You will be fine.. Relax and enjoying the last moments of being a mom of one... ;)

tibeca 08-16-2012 07:40 AM

Skip the internal. There's no need.

I managed my first two labors without pooping. Pooped like crazy with number 3. I can assure you, I couldn't have cared less when I was actually in labor.

You won't be the first or last woman to poop on your midwife!

When it comes to circumcision, the best thing you can do if you're unsure is do nothing. He can get circumcized later, but you can't put the skin back if you change your mind!

thekuan 08-16-2012 07:42 AM

I never even thought about refusing the internal check. That is a great idea! Yeah, I just know that I don't care how dilated or effaced I am (since it DOESN'T MATTER!!!), and I'm sure they just check for the benefit of the women that want to know.

lol @ Amanda. I hope that I get everything out at home before we head to the birth center! :) I'll try to stress less. I don't like going over my due date. It's boring. Haha.

chach4 08-16-2012 09:08 AM

Mo doc asks if I want to be checked but always says its not necessary. So that is nice. But yeah, if u are nervous, just say no thanks.

mama2seth&trey 08-16-2012 10:57 AM

I never got checked once during this pregnancy or even during labor. I know when he was crowning she worked on opening me up more (I think) but not one check. My MW could tell without touching where I was at with labor. When she got there I was only 1 hour or so from pushing. Oh... I definately pooped even though I had several times the days before. So they are used to it. I told her during a pushy contraction that I needed to poop and she says "well poop then." All they did then was use the little fish net and grabbed it out with that.