Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Family Planning (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   Best time of year to deliver? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1432543)

BeccaSueCongdon 08-15-2012 08:39 PM

Best time of year to deliver?

If you could choose your ideal time of year to deliver a baby, when would it be?

And have you ever planned a delivery around a season or event, and been successful in timing conception to meet your plans?

SewGreenBaby 08-15-2012 08:43 PM

I'm really hoping we get a BFP this month so I'll be due in May. I would hate to be waddling around in July or August. It's way too hot. I also wouldn't want to be in my third trimester in the middle of winter. It just seems like it'd be uncomfortable with all the extra clothes and maneuvering through snow. I had ds in early march and it was great. But we lived in florida then so no snow to deal with!

Fishie Kisses 08-15-2012 08:44 PM

Re: Best time of year to deliver?

I'm thinking fall would be my next choice. I have 2 winter babies and a spring baby. We're going to start TTC in Nov tho, and if we were to get it on the first try, I'd be due in July/Aug (depending on my cycles between now and then). I don't want to put it off just to get a Sept/Oct baby tho

BeccaSueCongdon 08-15-2012 08:46 PM

I had my first in June and my second in April and was very happy to miss the heat of the summer. :-)

I've thought about trying to orchestrate a delivery in early January bc I think it'd be fun to be huge and pregnant for family events. Lol. Seriously though we have a huge extended family (dh's dad is one of 12) that lurvs them a pregnant lady and it'd just be fun. :-)

bigmamakelsey 08-15-2012 08:49 PM

I loved having an October baby. If it's cold you can bundle them up. I had a June baby this year, and it's hard. I feel kind of trapped inside because it's too hot for him and newborns can't wear sunscreen. I would pick a fall or early spring baby.

TofuScramble 08-15-2012 08:55 PM

I like to have fall/winter babies so I have 6-9 months to get in shape for summer :giggle:

gingerpeachee 08-15-2012 09:01 PM

I'm shooting for a summer baby. We'll start TTC mid September. Its the only way I'll get that much time off in the summer.

Bella Catalina 08-15-2012 09:08 PM

I had my first in April and second in late October. Third is due in November. I've liked both seasons, especially fall, as we live in SoCal, and it means I can wear baby in a wrap without getting sweaty, and enjoy the squishy nb stage over the cooler months.

craigwick 08-15-2012 09:10 PM

I have summer babies, DD1 was the end of August, DD2 the end of July. I am a cold person normally, so I loved being pregnant in the summer (though with the humidity we have now it might not be so good!). Having a winter baby terrified me because I figured that I would go into labour in a blizzard and we are over an hour from the hospital!

kanga1622 08-16-2012 04:56 AM

DS was a March baby and that was perfect. I was not huge through 100+ weather, it wasn't super cold to take a newbie out, and it meant he didn't have to go to daycare until he was 5.5 months old (DH has summers off so I took 12 weeks then DH had him for about 12 weeks).

Sent from my iPod touch using DS Forum