Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Labor, Delivery & Postpartum (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=166)
-   -   AF post partum (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1432561)

MayflowerNYC 08-15-2012 09:48 PM

AF post partum

When should i expect to see AF?

DS was born almost 4 months ago, and i EBF. Although it's been pleasant not to have to deal with AF, i'm now starting to be worried that something may be wrong with me.

Also, DH and i are taking a much needed vacay at the end of August. I would hate for AF to unexpectedly show up and ruin it. I'd like to be better prepared. I have an appt with my GYN next week, but it would be great to hear from you ladies in the meantime.

TIA!

lissa~K 08-15-2012 09:54 PM

With all four of my EBF children, it has varied between 8 months and 2 1/2 years. I would just enjoy the break!

You Tell 'Em 08-15-2012 09:55 PM

With my first AF came back a few days after DD turned one; I wasn't EBFing but did BF for 7-8 months. This time around my DD that is almost 21 months, AF came back at 14 months postpartum; she has been an EBFer.

MayflowerNYC 08-15-2012 10:28 PM

Re: AF post partum

Really?!! That's a pleasant surprise!

Thank you ladies!

There's always murphy's law, but i feel more relaxed after reading your replies.

tesslouise 08-16-2012 12:24 PM

17 months postpartum here! :)

nmcveigh 08-16-2012 12:46 PM

Not to put a damper on this, but mine came back 2 months after DS1 and 3months after DD. I EBF for both. I was do surprised that I called my midwife and she said I was one of the few "lucky" ones! HaHa! The only good thing Is that we can safely use NFP now. I do feel cheated as so many of my friends didn't get it until after breastfeeding!

Fashionably Green Baby 08-16-2012 12:50 PM

I have had a bit of spotting but just got my first real PP AF about a week ago and I am 13 1/2 months PP.

MayflowerNYC 08-16-2012 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nmcveigh (Post 15552729)
Not to put a damper on this, but mine came back 2 months after DS1 and 3months after DD. I EBF for both. I was do surprised that I called my midwife and she said I was one of the few "lucky" ones! HaHa! The only good thing Is that we can safely use NFP now. I do feel cheated as so many of my friends didn't get it until after breastfeeding!

Well thanks for the warning! Hopefully I won't get it, but at least i'll be prepared

AniMommy 08-17-2012 04:51 AM

I hear it can really vary. Mine was 14 months. I bf ( nonexclusivly) until 9 months.

But remember you can still get preg even if AF hasn't come back. Take condoms with you on vacation if nothing else!

Leah52 08-17-2012 12:49 PM

Yeah, not one of the lucky ones here. Mine shows up at 6-8 weeks pp every time even with EBF.