Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Early Arrivals (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=210)
-   -   Small pacifier (won't gag baby) (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1432570)

Sarah-B 08-15-2012 10:29 PM

Small pacifier (won't gag baby)

3 Attachment(s)
My dd is 7 weeks (not a preemie tho- she was born at 41 weeks and 2 days) and would gag on all the nb sized binkies. I was a human pacifier for a little bit. I finally found a binkie she loves and it is very short. So for those of you mamas with preemies or a need for a short binkie that will not gag ur small baby get this playtex one
Here are some pics
Trust me we have gone through about 15 kinds of binkies

Hope this helps someone :)

earlgrey 08-15-2012 10:48 PM

Re: Small pacifier (won't gag baby)

Happy you found one that worked! We tried so many.. he finally settled on the NUK kind. He was so colicky for the first month the times he would take it would save us. What do you do with the mountain of unused binkies?

3 ladybugs 08-16-2012 05:07 AM

Nuk makes all sorts of sizes of binkies. My DD had one when she was a micro-preemie that was hard. It looked like a plastic thumb. Then she moved on to a purple kind that was for preemies then on to the green newborn ones. I am sure you could find the purple kind in stores if you looked. The white hard kind I am sure isn't available though as it would be a chocking hazard for bigger babies.

moonlightblonde 08-17-2012 09:41 PM

My 4 month old never got past the gagging stage of soothers =(

LunaBirch 08-20-2012 07:50 PM

3ladybugs: Your referring to the Soothie line :) Unfortunately you can't find the preemie kind anymore because CMV stopped selling them to anyone except hospitals.. you might be able to find one on ebay if you search for wee soothie. The wee thumbie is the micropreemie pacifier.

I tried the binkies (above) with my 5 lb 34 weeker and she gagged on it. Nearly 6 years ago Hawaii Medical still sold the preemie gumdrop paci online to consumers and it saved us!

Sarah-B 08-20-2012 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by earlgrey
Happy you found one that worked! We tried so many.. he finally settled on the NUK kind. He was so colicky for the first month the times he would take it would save us. What do you do with the mountain of unused binkies?

Lol seriously since dd is our first baby we will save them for the next couple babies just in case they are binky picky too :D

Sarah-B 08-20-2012 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SativaStarr
3ladybugs: Your referring to the Soothie line :) Unfortunately you can't find the preemie kind anymore because CMV stopped selling them to anyone except hospitals.. you might be able to find one on ebay if you search for wee soothie. The wee thumbie is the micropreemie pacifier.

I tried the binkies (above) with my 5 lb 34 weeker and she gagged on it. Nearly 6 years ago Hawaii Medical still sold the preemie gumdrop paci online to consumers and it saved us!

Yes I had to go to the hospital to ask them for the wee soothie (the purple one) the lady was so nice she gave me 3. She took them about 2 times then started gagging again until I found these playtex ones pictured above.

Just another FYI the wee soothie and the regular green soothie are the same length just the width of the nipple is thinner.
:)

mishelwest12 08-30-2012 10:38 AM

you can buy wee thumbies and the preemie gumdrops online at preemie specialty stores. i have ordered some for my lil girl. not the thumbie, she outgrew that quickly and it doesn't gag her because it is just as long as all the binks just thinner.

lilannies mama 09-30-2012 05:12 PM

The gumdrop pacifiers are good but they actually make a preemie pacifier it's small but I can't remember the brand ill have to find it and get back with that info. After my baby got out of nicu she never took another pacifier.