Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Due In July (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=142)
-   -   How is everyone? Enjoying your babymoons? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1432627)

rosenfried2 08-16-2012 06:02 AM

How is everyone? Enjoying your babymoons?

Just checking in to see how everyone is adjusting or not to their sweet little ones. You can all see our little struggle in my thread but other than that we are just trying to find our groove with two littles and make sure our 2 yr old is getting lots of hugs and kisses as well. My mom is living with us now (her and stepdad are divorcing) and so I have an extra set of hands when I need them. I am trying hard to not take advantage of her and trying hard to be the parent and not let her parent my son. At 3 wks now I finally feel like I am going to be okay with this and am enjoying learning about having 2 kids and what it takes. I pray all is well with the rest of you!

melyndie 08-16-2012 12:38 PM

Things are going pretty well over here! DS is three weeks old today. Today was actually the first day I have been home alone with both kids, and we are surviving. :)

DD seems to be having a lot of trouble with the transition still. She loves her brother, but she is also really jealous of him, especially how he gets to be next to me most of the time and how he gets to nurse whenever, but she only gets to nurse a few times a day, if that (because I only want her to nurse after he has emptied a side). She throws so many tantrums and keeps being purposely naughty. It is hard for me not to be angry with her. Sigh.

Part of the problem is that I have been on bed rest so much because of my tailbone injury. I am up and around at least half the day now, but she really misses having me involved in all of her life. I don't blame her. I think she feels abandoned by me and replaced by her brother. :( I really don't know how to do things differently until I can be on my feet all day and the baby can nap independently. Any advice?

marliah 08-16-2012 04:13 PM

Re: How is everyone? Enjoying your babymoons?

Do you have supply issues? I have been letting both girls nurse on demand and am still leaking milk a lot of the time lol. I do find my older dd nurses more than the newbie but I really think its just a momma hold me close and love me thing, it already seems to be lessening just in two weeks.

As for us, we are all doing well :) enjoying this baby so much! We had a lot of help from church the last two weeks which is now coming to an end and are hoping we an successfully transition into just momma and the five children while daddy works. Then move onto starting our homeschool year. :)

melyndie 08-16-2012 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marliah
Do you have supply issues? I have been letting both girls nurse on demand and am still leaking milk a lot of the time lol. I do find my older dd nurses more than the newbie but I really think its just a momma hold me close and love me thing, it already seems to be lessening just in two weeks.

I don't know if I have supply issues, but I always felt with DD that I had barely enough (but why would my body need to produce more than enough?). Same with DS now, but I feel like he is draining me dry less often. I never leak, though, or get engorged (except during his nursing strike), so I definitely don't have oversupply. I just feel that if I let DD drink everything on one side, DS will only get half a meal, and he will have to wait awhile for the side his sister emptied before he can get the rest of his food. Am I thinking wrong?

philenabean 08-21-2012 08:21 PM

Re: How is everyone? Enjoying your babymoons?

Everything's going well here! Grant is 7 weeks old, and a chubby little monkey! He is such a good and content baby... So much different than his sisters. He loves being worn, and I've been doing lots of back carries lately. I didn't start those with my girls till they were older. Man, did I miss out!

melyndie 08-23-2012 08:01 PM

Emerson is four weeks old today! It seems like his birth was much longer ago than that. We love having our little guy here. :)

He still has thrush, despite five different treatments his doctor (who is also my midwife) had us try, from homeopathic to medication. We are now on a second medication--I am taking it with the hopes that enough will get into his system. Otherwise, he will have to take it, and I really want to avoid that if possible. But I sure want this yeast to go away!

Fortunately, the thrush has not affected his weight gain. He eats well and is now up a pound and two ounces from birth weight. I can't believe he is over ten pounds now!

I did not babywear with our daughter much until she was five months old because she really didn't like it until then, but I wear Emerson almost all day. I love having my cuddle bug close. :)

I am sooooo thankful that my tailbone is gradually getting a little better! I had acupuncture with electrical stimulation last Friday, and I have seen improvement since then. I am so encouraged by that.

Three days ago DD seemed to finally come to terms with her new brother and suddenly switched from angry, tantruming child back to her generally happy self. What a relief!!! We are all much happier for it.